ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise Control Cutting Out

Liquid Yellow R27
I was using the cruise control on the motorway over the weekend and I had it set at around 70mph. It kept cutting out for some reason, every now and again. The car would just stop pulling and I had to press the button on the steering wheel to get it back up to speed again with the cruise control.

A few times it seemed to do it when switching lanes, then other times when just staying in the same lane.

Any idea why this would be happening? Thanks in advance :)

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Were you using the indicator when switching lanes? If so it's probably a short in the rear light unit.

Liquid Yellow R27
Were you using the indicator when switching lanes? If so it's probably a short in the rear light unit.

Yeah, I was using the indicator. How do I go about fixing the short in the rear light unit? I have noticed the passenger side rear lights can be a bit temperamental at times.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
A faulty brake switch would throw the system into safe mode and simply not let you use it again until thw ignition had been cycled off/on.

Most likely going to be the rear light pins as above.