ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cro's 5dr 182 now with ITB's :) + video

Cro

Meg'd r27
Well guys havn't put any updates in the car for about 2 years i'd say so it's about time.

This was the car about a year ago
Clio-magheracross.jpg

Engine bay was like this
ucs092.jpg

I had plans for a while and started gathering the bits needed to start building the ITB'd engine and learning what I needed to in order to fit, build and map.

Somewhere between halloween and christmas some of you may remember this happening

DSCF6005.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

So that was a pain in the ass and called for a new engine rather than try and fix the one I had so went on the hunt and got a 28k mile engine so thanks to Darren for a lend of his crane I got that in and did some other bits while I was there.

IMG_0152.jpg

enginechange.jpg

aerocatches.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

So that was all fine and dandy, car was back up running. Gave it a few weeks running back in to check for any teething problems and then for the car's birthday milestone of 100k I started treating it to some power.

IMG_0168.jpg

Everything fitted, wired and started by myself which was a bit of a leap from things I have done before but here we have how it sits now and i'm loving it :)

Still some things to change, add tidy up and fix but its running like a beast and thats all thats a good start. Hope to get some decent pics from the residential photographers on the site when its finished.

IMG_0173-1.jpg

Went up to Steven Gault to finalise the mapping and I have to say that man is a complete and utter genious. His knowledge is astounding and attention to detail is second to none, as well as being a top bloke.
Our version of Icarus basically, he builds all the top rally cars over here.

So a big thanks to all the guys who answered the questions along the way especially Hutchie and Barron.... top top guys!

Oh and for all the bike itb haters this is running blackbird bodies :rasp: with a completely legit 197bhp on a set of rollers that are known for being true/tough on the readings and running 97ron

As always C+C welcome

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Re: Cro's 5dr 182 now with ITB's :)

Top marks to u cro! Remember this motor well! And u've progressed well too. Good on ya.

alien green rs133

looks smart dude, bike boddied pals for life blud.

not sure im happy with strappage on rollers :S

is it just boddies, or has it got some onther goodies im not already aware of??

uber impressed with result, worth all the text over the last few months :rasp: you know if you wernt on a different island i would of been round getting dirty :D

hutchie

Cro

Meg'd r27

Just boddies and meggy 225 injectors for now mate, cams soon enough. Had straps under the car too but we had just finished mapping and started removing the straps when I remembered to take a pic.

Ha yeah it wasn't far off me booking you a flight over :rasp:

TrackCar & F30 330d

Wow that looks wicked. Cant wait to see some closer pics of the engin bay :)

What strut brace is that?

Renaultsport 220T

Ah I see you suffered from broken valve syndrome. Welcome to the club. lol

Great conversion. What management system are you running? Can't wait to see it. I'll bring the camera. :)

Steviant

TrackCar & F30 330d

Are you going to replace the grills like i have on mine. As in cutting the top part off so it just leaves two grills?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

Good work Cro :D The engine bay looks epic and it has made very good power!

Im glad my knowledge and spreadsheet helped along the way ;)

Carl

Cro

Meg'd r27

From memory mate I think its an OMP brace, or an sparco one lol its been a long time. Havnt decided to go with something like the way you have your grills done Chris or the way guppy got his done.

Thoughts on this anyone?

Yeah Stevie was a nightmare when it happened, I think it might have been a batch of crap fuel but would have been a long hard struggle to prove it. Its running Omex 600

Cheers for the positive comments guys, makes it worthwhile :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Fantastic mate. What's your interior like?

Cro

Meg'd r27

Currently just the 182 interior but plans for a nice set of buckets,harnesses and a cage down the line somewhere when I get the scoob or evo. Hopefully after the summer

LY R26

what spec did this car start out as? looks good, n great work with the thottlebodies :)

Qashcow

minty mint mint. how difficult was it to get the bike boddies fitted to the car? its a serious consideration. im always put off with itb's due to the cost etc but if it can be done (with some tinkering) fairly easily using 2nd hand bike boddies etc, it may become viable...

Cro

Meg'd r27

Hutchie is the man to speak to about bike bodies. These are on a jenvey manifold connected to the bodies by an aluminium block. Running 90mm trumpets and a jenvey airfilter and backplate.

All in I've done this under 1k!!!
Ok if you have to pay labour on top thats a bit more, oh and I owe hutchie and carl a pint but still under 1k I think depending on what they order :rasp:

Qashcow

it will all be DIY too, so no labour. 1k including the boddies, manifold and omex? not bad at all. how much was new and what was second hand.

might be PM'ing you at some point ;)

Cro

Meg'd r27

Everything second hand to be honest. All just waiting for the right bargains to pop up on ebay.1k includes all of the above plus meggy225 injectors and mapping

Cro

Meg'd r27

Looks like I might get the lend of the HD cam from work, video coming your way at the weekend :)

Cro

Meg'd r27

A couple of videos now guys :) first one with awful quality but its just the sound really is the interesting part. Thanks to photobucket for raping my hd camera quality :(

th_Movie_0002.jpg

th_cro.jpg

Cro

Meg'd r27
I'd hazard a guess and say its more to do with my exhaust, but I could be wrong. I'm chuffed, its quieter than before on crusing and only realy loud on WOT

Cro

Meg'd r27
Lol thats a compliment, cheers :D

Thanks for noticing bazzon :rasp: believe me dude ive tried to hard getting it completely straight on but ive worked out its something to do with the way ive welded the flange at the cat end