ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cro's 5dr 182 now with ITB's :) + video

Cro

Meg'd r27
Cheers mate, always appreciated. Some good updates to come by the weekend after making some changes and getting this engine rebuilt now that everything has arrived

BMW 535d
your car is looking like a beast. Sorry to hear about the engine though :( i have a 5 door and doing a sport rep like you :) did you every try to fit the sport skirts? personally i wouldnt go for the cage in a 5 door, just wouldnt look right :)

Cro

Meg'd r27
Lol back in the game boys... touch wood anyway
Jordanstown is a nice place to live but jeez the neighbours arent half nosey ;)
While the engine was taken out and waiting for parts to arrive and a nightmare with the couriers I got on with other things that I had planned.
Off down to b&q with a sketch and some measurements for the rear floor plan. If anyone saw me I was the kn0b weighing the different kinds of wood and checking their flexibility lol
So started cutting the wood out to the shape of the floor and popped it in for a surprisingly snug fit first go. A* for me and my art/math skills
82244c98.jpg

knocked up some brackets to sit into the existing holes that held the rear bench in and it was as tight as a ducks ass and going nowhere
345f01e2.jpg

holes cut out for the harness to go through and fix
e28c29f7.jpg

and then after a trip to dunelm mills for an ass raping the whole thing was covered in 1inch foam and a real nice black alcantara. ChrisL came down at this stage for some eye candy and to play with my hose
12a9a47a.jpg

54432fa8.jpg

The new seats were the only thing stopped me from breaking the car to bits when the engine went and they are properly snug fitting. I love it, and the harness' make it much more confidence inspiring
Went down to a steel monger in ards and got the pieces for the subframes and with a bit of help from Andy drilling some holes for me I got the frames knocked up sharpish.
Thought I was going to have issues with my 'b' pillar and the doors being much shorter than the 3dr counterparts but found a real nice position for them and works dead on. It's defintitely going to make problems for any cage that goes in though so i'll need to rethink the original choice on that one.
22a9d921.jpg

Didn't really drive it since having the cams and injectors in being mapped as it was put straight on a trailer and now that theres next to no weight in the back it feels properly properly rapid :) Missed it muchos
Huge thanks to Gary for helping me out in a big big way by lending me his crane so got the engine sorted and in
c6a05b37.jpg

Just waiting on royal fail delivering my new steering wheel and i'll probably get a quick release boss to bring the wheel a tad closer and make getting in and out simpler
A decent run of good luck for a while would be nice

Cro

Meg'd r27
Lol I know jonny. Tried these seats in the back but they sat bang to the top with no mounts. Maybe something like a cobra clubman with a really small basemount would fit but they look s**t and id also need the most elaborate cage ever. We'll see down the line, I'd need muchos bhp to make up for it tho :)

Cro

Meg'd r27
Had originally wanted a Sabelt wheel but at the price and waiting list it put me off, next on the list was this Omp targa in suede. Lovely feeling wheel and a perfect size at 330mm.
3f1fd463.jpg

With it being a similar distance away from me as the standard wheel was I could really have done with it being a tad closer to have the perfect driving position. Rather than buy a spacer I went for a sparco quick release hub... also helps with any getting in and out issues and if nothing else an extra security measure.

2ff6f6c2.jpg

09e0d3b1.jpg

The new driving position is absolutely perfect, I couldn't possibly make it any better so I'm very pleased

69bfb6c9.jpg

Cro

Meg'd r27
Cheers subarufreak :)

50 posted on the bay Chris, really good quality too and solid when it's fitted

Cro

Meg'd r27
After reading the plasti-dip thread I thought i'd stick an order in to see what the results might be. It's only on the track wheels anyway so its not a big deal and it does peel off nicely when I did a test spray

Went with orange and its pretty fluorescent so doesn't entirely match the orange I had been using but its not really a big deal

Very hard to photograph I found but looks more like the colour of the front wheel in this

f4b7d1a5.jpg

516c5de0.jpg

The finish can be sh*te if you dont put a thick enough coat on in one go. 3 of my wheels are smooth and the first is very textured and I might redo if i'm bored at some stage

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
The orange wheels look great, was the plastidip in aerosol form or did you need to use a sprayer?

Cro

Meg'd r27
Wheels look spot on, that Plastidip stuff looks pretty good, how did you not get the 'Speedline Corse' covered in it?

Thats just coming through from underneath. If my wheels had have been black I'd definitely need to properly cake the stuff on. Luckily they were white

The orange wheels look great, was the plastidip in aerosol form or did you need to use a sprayer?

Need to use a sprayer, they only do 4/5 colours in aerosol form from what I gathered

Should get some decent photos in the next couple of weeks when I get out on them

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Damn, that's a shame. I was looking at some lairy colours for my wheels, but if it means having to invest in a sprayer too then I think I'll give it a miss.

clio 5door sport rep
her memory will live on forever in the real 5 door 182 thread..... :) surely means theres vacant space as cliosports best five door now cros has been retired.