ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creaking/nocking/something sound. Coming of second or cornering sharply at some speed.

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
Sorry for the long title.
Anyway I've developed a new sound on my clio and not one I care for. I noticed it the other day after being in second and going to change to third when out of no where car decide he'd just move into my lane. So I let of at around 3k+ and herd what I thought was the cat hitting the heat wrap under my car it felt like it was coming from there. ?

I got under my car to check the mount and it seems solid, some movement but not enough to cause almost like a vibrating noise. But louder.

Then this morning after taking a sharpish corner a bit quick in second I herd it again. But turning in second?

It feels like it's coming from under my seat. But I've been wrong before. Thought my cambelt was on way out and it was a loose washer...

Any idea's? I thought it might be the lower dogbone mount, but if its doing it while I'm turning could it be a CV joint? Or drive shaft. I've herd some squeaking recently on full lock. But it's not noticeable and it might be my springs, they need to be changed.

Anyone had this? Any ideas be greatly appreciated.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Is it creaking loudly if you turn the steering wheel side to side when stationary ?

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
Is it creaking loudly if you turn the steering wheel side to side when stationary ?
Found out. I got up on a ramp round local exhaust garage! The middle mount is causing it to wobble and bash against the underside of my car. Woo