ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creaking clutch pedal

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Guys, my pedal seems to creak a fair bit when being depressed.

Its got a bit of play for the first inch or so (which I assume is normal), then quite heavy and creaks. I was wondering if this is a normal fault, and am I going to need a new cable or pedal assembly to rectify it?

Hell, could it even be the clutch itself??

Bumder With A Buffer
Its normal (ish)

Mine creaks when its bloody hot (ie yesterday) but today no creaks.

I believe you can grease it???

Clio 172mk2
mine usually dry`s up evey other summer, where the cable meets the clutch arm in engine bay. Theres a few threads about it tbh. New cable isnt expensive. But old one can get re lubed

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
My cable is fine and mine has creaked for over 2 years, its an issue with the clutch somewhere along the line but didnt see any point in getting it looked at until the clutch goes really! Best to just check your pedal & cable out.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Mine does it after a decentish journey length and in hot weather. It never creaks during the winter.

I've often wondered if the LHD version of the RS Clio suffers from the same problem - what with the clutch linkage being much closer to the pedal?

D.

Clio 172 Ph1.
The LHD does it to, or mine does.
Its the clutch release bearing (or what its called) that seems to dry out. You can access it from the outside, but be VERY careful, you dont wont any type of lubrication on the clutch.

I was told that as the clutch gets more worn it gets heavier and the creaking is expected - normal.

Fix for both - as I understand it, new clutch (i.e. live with it.)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I was told that as the clutch gets more worn it gets heavier and the creaking is expected - normal.

Fix for both - as I understand it, new clutch (i.e. live with it.)

Nope. Mine used to creak like a b**ch, at around the 60-70k mark. I had it regressed or something at Rentech, it's been fine since, now on 124k!

"Navy" N17 TWO
What part did you get regreased Fletcher?
I mind you mentioned that before - ages ago lol :)

LHD ph1 172
Mine does it after a decentish journey length and in hot weather. It never creaks during the winter.

I've often wondered if the LHD version of the RS Clio suffers from the same problem - what with the clutch linkage being much closer to the pedal?

D.

LHD does it too...

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi

Fix for both - as I understand it, new clutch (i.e. live with it.)[/QUOTE]

new clutch time really? iv just had a new clutch 7months ago, and the clutch is now creaking like mad,

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
I used the thread on greasing and mine is all sorted now after years of creaking. Took 15 mins and cost me £4.98 (the cost of a can of white grease).