ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

creak after bleeding brakes

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Followed the correct bleed procedure farthest first etc. But maybe not level ground, kept res.full but I now have spongy brakes and a creaky pedal. Sounds like air- my biggest fear!

Any tips?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Re-bleed them but now worse my car won't start, tries to turn over then stops half way, battery from the ignition being on?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Battery on charge now back to the bleeding, I can hear creaking in the lines at the rear(possibly air?) But it won't come out. Put near to a litre of ATE super blue in now.
One other thing should the reservoir be touching the back of the engine block? It has to be pushed back to even get the top off

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Good old fashioned two man, why it's mine touching? Moved res. Or knackered dog bone mount, it looks ok tbh.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure why yours is further forward...

Mine is pretty much against the back of the engine bay with that little foam bit that gets in the way.

You are only lifting off the pedal when the bleed nipple is closed aren't you?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Yeah they are under strict instructions. Oh my old rusty calipers are somehow quite appealing now!:(

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Dragging this up again since I tried an easybleed but don't seem to be getting any air out. With ignition off I get a good solid pedal not so good with it on and a slight grumble noise right at the top of the pedal travel, (I'm presuming this to be air?) after that though the braking seems to be not so bad in use. I've heard people saying to pump the pedal and easybleed at the same time is this going to solve it?