ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crashed

BMW M135i & E46 M3
had a little crash in my mk1 today. soooo annoyed!! was at a tee junction waiting, looked both ways as you do (bare in mind one direction has a blind corner) went to pull out and a little micra came out of nowhere(the blind corner) and somehow both off sides of the cars hit each other. their gonna claim on my insurance cos it was my fault...well annoyed...only been driving since march and only got the car lowered yesterday!!:mad: insurance is going to be a nightmare now.

Did you admit fault at the side of the road?

Do you have witnesses?

If he was travelling at an excessive speed for the corner then I would consider contesting it.

182 inferno for long time
did you not ask him if you could repair the damage and not go through insurances?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
f**k no how you feel i got a claim against me about 6 mnths after i started drivin screwed up alot of my plans for cars and stuff.

Hope it get sorted ok...try find out how much it would be outside of ins if you can afford it.

Shhh
go back and take a picture of the junction..

then one from where you were sat at the junction looking at the bend.
then one before the bend travelling too you
then one half way round bend etc

post them up, or give us the google map reference so we can have a look.

if he was speeding, by the time you have looked, and pulled out, he could of travelled alot and not seen you.

i would push this for 50/50.

LY V6 with Recaros
Gutted. If you're worried about insurance, maybe find out how much it would cost to just pay yourself. I don't know how much damage there was though. Don't admit liability if you think they were travelling too fast though.

BMW M135i & E46 M3
i couldnt say wether he was speeding or not, the bend is literaly at the junction so ppl just appear there! it was an old couple so the whitnesses there just rushed to see if they were ok, and saw my exhaust and wheels and just ashumed i was to blame. i think their car might be a write off tho, my car hit his wheel/wing and it looked like the wheel was buckled.
at the end of the day its only a bit of metal and everyone is ok. i'm just proper pissed off!! was my pride and joy!

will get some pics up soon

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Don't admit liability if you think they were travelling too fast though.

Have you ever seen an old couple in a micra travelling too fast ? ;)

If you pull out of a junction on somebody ( blind bend or not ) then you'll be classed as at fault , sorry to say mate .

BMW M135i & E46 M3

If you pull out of a junction on somebody ( blind bend or not ) then you'll be classed as at fault , sorry to say mate .

yeah i know mate thats what i thought, just gutted really as i was hardly even moving!! i've taken pics of the scene and of their skid marks etc. the skid marks seem pretty long considering he said he was goin 20mph!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I'd be careful paying the damage personally. After my 1st accident, the woman I hit started going on about charging us for her physiotherapy and depreciation in her cavalier. If they claim injury, they could sue you for a lot. When she asked for injury money, my Dad told her to f**k off and do it all through insurance. It'll go against your insurance now but it won't be thousands like if you get sued.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
i was in a bump almost a year ago now and its still outstanding. i had only been driving for 9 months , on round about taxi comes on and smaks me, its my fault according to her because i changed lanes on the round about because a bus was blocking my lane, lightsonthe round about., but my insurance have got my back, i was already established on the round about therfor i can do what i want as i have right of way, she did not and the dmamge shos her car hit mine. but of course any one at the sceen F*cked off nice so it her word agains mine and my passengers. it skrewed alot of my plans. i wanted to have a bit more powerful a car thani do now but thats scuppered for a few years, gutting.

www.renparts.co.uk
how old is their micra? no abs? if its worth 500 quid offer them 700.... see what they say... or maybe go round an explain the situation to them. say your sorry etc and get it full repaired and give them some extra cash.... providing you have plenty of money lol...

BMW M135i & E46 M3
thats the thing though, i'm a student so i have hardly any money to run my car! let alone repair mine and theirs!

Shed.

i got done by an old man in a 1.3 16v micra actually, he knew how to drive tho fuckin hell. i got beaten by him.