ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crankshaft / TDC sensor

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
HOpefully someone can support my diagnosis or point me in a different direction

Last year about this time the car sometimes wouldnt start, would turn over but not fire up. A wiggle of the wires down the right hand side of the block and it would be fine.

then it went away and carried on running all fine, until today,

lunch time turned over, gave the wires a wiggle and hey presto.
but on way home crusing along the motorway it started to miss fire and wouldnt pull. It cleared after about 10-20 seconds and then ran fine.

now is the miss fire a symptom of the crank sensor?

i believe the loom has been changed now so guessing this is the course of action, but before i spend my hard earnt just want some reassurance.

cheers

I had this one mine, exactly as you describe but I never had any issues once the car was running.

I had the tdc sensor replaced a few years ago and it's been perfect ever since.

Clio 172mk2
only issue i have with mine is, couple times a year it wont start on first turn over, or a slight missfire when engines just been running, only happens for 2-3secs then its fine for rest of jurney

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Sorry yes tdc sensor was changed but also had a fault reading on the temp sensor which also changed. But most faults seemed related to the tdc. Been spot on since