ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crankshaft Pully Removal?:S

Clio mk1 1.2
hi,

im in the process of doing headgasket but cant undo the crankshaft pully everytime i try to it moves the crankshaft sprocket, is there a way of removin it on your own or would i need assitance

E36 M3. 182
dont you mean camshaft pulley ( at the top of the engine )??? i think the haynes manual tells you to use a tool (Y shaped bar with pegs in the end) to lock the camshaft pulley in place, allowing you to undo the bolt/nut without turning the shaft. although couldnt you just release some of the tension at the tensioner and slide the belt off the pulleys??? that would leave the camshafts in place, no need to set the timing up then either i think. best bet is to check the haynes manual.

CB600FS
edit- I think he means the crank stevie, to remove the cambelt?

Air guns the far far easiest way. Buzzes it straight off, hard to explain but it kind of shocks it and turns the nut but doesnt move the pulley

If not, try and lock the flywheel up somehow, or if your a true butcher, wedge a breaker bar with a socket on the nut, and flick the key :eek:

Clio mk1 1.2
im goin by the haynes amnual and it said to undo that but i was going to undo the top one where u have 2 make sure the lines mark up and take the best off

Clio mk1 1.2
yeah its marked on the crankshaft pully sprocket and the head and im gonna mark it on belt

lol what a drama.

2 choices assuming you haven't undo the tensioner etc stick the braker bar on the crank then flick the starter over.

Or stick it in 4th, wedge the foot brake on then undo it.