ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crank sensor

monaco 172
Today my car decided it didn't want to start. Cranked it for about 10 seconds each time and then on the 4th attempt it decided to fire and ran perfectly fine.

When this happened on my old 182 it was the crank sensor so o thought I'd just try another for the sake of 30 quid but I've noticed they've changed the design.

Do the new sensors work on the old loom plug or do you HAVE to buy the new loom to go with it?

Today my car decided it didn't want to start. Cranked it for about 10 seconds each time and then on the 4th attempt it decided to fire and ran perfectly fine.

When this happened on my old 182 it was the crank sensor so o thought I'd just try another for the sake of 30 quid but I've noticed they've changed the design.

Do the new sensors work on the old loom plug or do you HAVE to buy the new loom to go with it?

Should connect to old loom with some wire stripping IIRC

monaco 172
No they don't. All the new type crank sensors are the blue sensor body and plug. Originals are black and the internals of the plug are different.

Do you just snip the old plug off and solder the new plug on or do you have to trace it all the way back to the ecu connector?