ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crank sensor? Coil pack?

BG 182
Todays problem is.......when starting her up she sounds pretty rough and stutters under load. Gets to about 3k then nothing else, no more revs, no more power. When shes warm theres no problems, it idles well and theres no stuttering just powerrrrrrr lol Before driving this morning I let her warm up for a bit and the idle was just rubbish, it dropped to about 500rpm and sounded shocking.
Ive doen a search on here and have narrowed it down to: spark plugs, leads, coil pack or dodgy crank sensor. Anyone narrow it down a bit further?! Tax is due again this month and its already been in the garage this week so I cant really afford to throw money at it!!

Cheers

Megane r26
Sounds like coil pack symtoms tbh but i'd throw a set of leads in it too, tdc sensors usually give inttermitant starting problems. When were the plugs last changed? Gsf were quite reasonable for valeo coilpacks when I last brought one

BG 182
Sounds like coil pack symtoms tbh but i'd throw a set of leads in it too, tdc sensors usually give inttermitant starting problems. When were the plugs last changed? Gsf were quite reasonable for valeo coilpacks when I last brought one

well it starts fine its just a bit ropey once it does. No idea when the plugs were last changed tbh ive not changed them but ive only had the car 8 months. Was going to wait until 72k to change them when it has its big service/cam change. guess ill have to do them now though! I thought it might be the coil pack at first but as I said its fine once it gets warm?

Clio 182
Had this issue last week, no idea how old my spark plugs were ended up buying some and a coil pack from euro car parts, changed spark plugs and all was good. Ended up taking the coil pack back this week.

Clio cup172
I have misfire on leads 3 and 4 got some second hand coil pack and leads but put the timing light back on and still leads 3 and 4 show a misfire would an O2 sensor sort this help please

I have misfire on leads 3 and 4 got some second hand coil pack and leads but put the timing light back on and still leads 3 and 4 show a misfire would an O2 sensor sort this help please

Did you change the O2 sensor and did it work? Have similar symptoms and coil, leads and plugs haven't solved it for more than a day.