ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crail

BMW E36 328i Sport
possibly heading up but depends if I'm working on sunday but won't know until saturday night.

clio 182
i have adjustable coilovers, i will get through that! ;)

on a serious note, if it even thinks about raining i will not be going, as Ali says neds are an issue without the rain! Its good for a laugh though and everyone loves a good drag race!

clio 182
Last time i did a drag race at Crail it was in the 1.2! Was 18 odd seconds!

ha ha, i remember the first time i went was in a mates 1.2 corsa with 18's (i wasnt old enough to drive) and he got 21 seconds! Got beat by a land rover defender! Legendary!

172 cup- suzu rf600r
crail you say? hmm havent been down that tramp of a track in a clio yet ...

depends on weather mostly

BMW E36 328i Sport
What's the best times people have got at crail? And in what?

Best I got was 15.01 in my wee saxo

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
maybe pop along! how do you go about getting on the quarter mile? join the que? lol

BMW E36 328i Sport
It's £10 to get in then you go over to the portacabin timing hut thing and pay £15 to get on the strip and get a wrist band with a number. then you go over to que up and the guy writes the number of your band on the window.

clio 182
My starlet ran 14.6 if i remember right, i loved that car! :dapprove: should never have sold it!

If anyone north of crail is heading down i will happily meet up on the way

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
What's the best times people have got at crail? And in what?

Best I got was 15.01 in my wee saxo

15.01!!! What was done to the Saxo?

Crail is very "Quick" I.e 14.5sec at Crail is about 15sec at Pod!

My starlet ran 14.6 if i remember right, i loved that car! :dapprove: should never have sold it!

If anyone north of crail is heading down i will happily meet up on the way

Did yourself a favour, hateful little cars, coupled by the fact they look like something your gran would drive!

I ran 11.7sec in the 125 Kart years ago, Geared completely wrong tho!

172 cup- suzu rf600r
14.8 in my old stage 1 LCR, thats from memory though stupid crail times are down :(

it was slightly damp too I think I could have gotten 14.6 ish but only ever went once (was pissed off with owner Willy for a while)

clio 182
[/QUOTE]Did yourself a favour, hateful little cars, coupled by the fact they look like something your gran would drive!

I ran 11.7sec in the 125 Kart years ago, Geared completely wrong tho![/QUOTE]

Oh, hurtful Ali! I love them, i have had 3! What can you argue with? Lsd, 300BHP easily and reliably, weigh next to nothing and you can get wastegate chatter till your hearts content! Also available in 4 wheel drive!

Anyway, back on subject.......:rasp:

BMW E36 328i Sport
15.01!!! What was done to the Saxo?

Crail is very "Quick" I.e 14.5sec at Crail is about 15sec at Pod!

Did yourself a favour, hateful little cars, coupled by the fact they look like something your gran would drive!

I ran 11.7sec in the 125 Kart years ago, Geared completely wrong tho!

Vts engine and high lift cams and stripped out, would of been a great wee thing if I ever got it mapped :(

Yeah you have to take crails times with a pich of salt. I've never been to a proper drag strip like the pod, wouldnt the proper tarmac help you get traction and a better time? supose there timing gear is better though.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Might head up weather dependant and if any mates want to head up!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
One was 2 thousandth of a second quicker than the other but both 14.4 only got catbacks as well! Althoug tbf the did have the back seats out. Spare wheel in each and a tool kit in one and the jack in the other!

dam :( ive got mine stripped out if i end up on the strip ;)

Try it once then you'll be on it all day.

When I went up in the Leon I done 18 runs LOL.

Also won fastest Diesel of the day ;).

My mum came to watch too LOL. First(and only) time she had ever been in a car with me was up the drag strip. :approve:

GRitch

ClioSport Club Member
  Polo BlueGT
Is it just a thrash? Thinking about heading down but not taking it on the strip

clio 182
Im def going as well, had the car on the dyno today and it made 186.5bhp and its all healthy :approve:

Hopefully see some of you there! Just come over and say hi!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
no heading up anymore! i think my gearbox has eaten itself today!! :(:(:(:(:(

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
just fitted some new pads and got it all stripped, pulled out the drive with a massive bang and some clunking. crunches like anything now when driving! so tomorrow will be spent dropping engine / box out to find the problem :( absolutely gutted!

^ owned.

Breh.

mindblownp1.gif

BMW E36 328i Sport
I crashed on the way up :( but managed to get towed out the field and was there a bit later.

a2ad2b40.gif