ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crack, snap and gone

Civic Type-R
On my way to work this morning I went put my window down and heard a crack, that was half way down, I was like that doesnt sound good, so I opened it fully and heard a snap! try to put it up but nothing! just hear the motor going.
So had to take a detour to renault before work and they've got it till tomorrow sometime lol so I dunno how much that is going to cost me. Gave me a lift to work though. Gotta get a train or bus home :( I dont like public transport!
Got MOT on saturday aswell and tax on monday so it could be quite expensive month.

Lionel Richie
drivers side window mech is common for failing

a new one is around £60 from j3ned

renault is over £100 i think

Civic Type-R
Fred2001Dynamic said:
drivers side window mech is common for failing

a new one is around £60 from j3ned

renault is over £100 i think
ouch, one of those things you have to get sorted asap really though.

Golf GTI 1.8T
On ebay for about £60 too, Renault wanted £187 when mine went, really easy to fit too.

RenaultSport clio 1.4SI
Hi Guys, registered on this forum mas my mother has a 1.4SI Clio (2000). The front window will not work, on investigation found the little plastic clip broken nin 2 on slider. Renault dealer said this is common? and is ariound £189 - (260 fitted). all it is is a plastic clip..what a rip off. Any advise guys as to cheaper part, ease of fixing etc. Have alrady strippled door panel off so can get to everything.

Regards

RenaultSport clio 1.4SI
Fred, oif it's so common, why haven't Renault acepted it as a fault , sold the plastic bit seperately etc.

Is the part from j3ned (presumambly the above is his email address) new or 2nd hand
ta

RenaultSport clio 1.4SI
Hi, not having read any manual yet, what are you referencing when you say regulator. Sorry to sound stupid at this time.

RenaultSport clio 1.4SI
This is the complete unit , including the white plastic clip that has the 2 cables going in and sits within the upright...

cheers

RenaultSport clio 1.4SI
Sorted, part from badinvincible - brilliant. 15mins to fit, once door panel off,:D

Part looks more solidly built than original AND 3rd of the price.

Regards

:cheers::clap: