ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Evo 5 RS
This makes absolutely no sense to me at all. Can you name another game in 2004 that looked better than HL2? Seriously

:cool:

Halo 2

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay

Doom 3

Medal of Honor Pacific Assault

Far Cry

I could go on..lol

Don't get your panties in a twist though, I'm not saying anyone of them is the better game. Purely talking about the engine

F82 M4
Halo 2Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher BayDoom 3Medal of Honor Pacific AssaultFar CryI could go on..lolDon't get your panties in a twist though, I'm not saying anyone of them is the better game. Purely talking about the engine
Nah, I wasn't getting my panties in a twist mate, hence the ":cool:" face. I don't agree with you though, I thought the Source engine was fantastic on release.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Nah, I wasn't getting my panties in a twist mate, hence the ":cool:" face. I don't agree with you though, I thought the Source engine was fantastic on release.

It has been pretty scalable over the years too. Games like Dark Messiah and Vampire : The Masquerade pulled off some good features using the Source engine.

D.

Not a 320d
Your expectations must have been bloody high then!

HL2 was morbid, weird, slightly depressing but massively entertaining on first release. To then have that improved on by Episodes 1 and 2 makes it one of the best games of the last decade.

If you didn't appreciate (not necessarily like) HL2 back in 2004 - then no doubt you'd sit in a Veyron of today, take it for a blat around a circuit and simply mutter 'meh'. ;)

D.

I just dont get what the hype was all about. I think perhaps I was wrong in saying it looked dated. It didnt, but when I started modding it all looked really shitty. Source never felt good to me either.

The game was BS though. So f**king boring for the most part. And it all felt so weak.

Fiesta ST-3
Source was a great game. I spent years of my life playing that s**t. Was in 1 of the top teams on ED and played in ESL etc. Been a long time since i played competitively though. 1.6 was my favorite though. Spraying was a lot harder as the recoil patterns were much more different. And the skill level between top players and professionals was minimal in terms of taking out the other team. The difference was in the Tactics. Source became too easy after a while, and the new hitboxes etc ruined it.

What was the name of your source team?

First official screenshot....

csgo_grass01.png

Beta came out an hour or so ago for those with keys.

First impressions: It's all right actually. Feels very CoD like in terms of the menus and stupid crap all over the screen such as achievements etc but thats been in Source for a while I hear. Recoil is anybodies guess. I always felt 1.6 had the recoil bang on what a game should be like, CS:GO feels very random in that respect, almost as if they have gone for a much more real life feel. Hit boxes are also a little odd but I'm sure it just needs getting used to. You also haven't got a hope in hell of hitting much whilst jumping.

New buy menu is actually surprisingly easy to use with a mouse but I will still use the normal keyboard way (although they have moved everything around). The beta only alllows you to join a random server or create your own LAN game which it fills with bots. You can create a casual or competitive game (changes start money, buy time, roundtime and MR) and I'm sure with Hamachi it will work online. It doesn't show ping yet (apparently there will be a representation of what your ping is soon, I expect it to be the shitty CoD signal system).

The guns seem a little underpowered which was a complaint from the initial testing, it's been done that way to make you try other guns rather than AK or Colt. The Molotov is great and certainly stops people from rushing. The decoy grenade (it makes noise of a gun every few seconds and then finally explodes but no damage) should be good in PCW's and matches.

In terms of graphics and performance it is absolutely fine. Looks a lot better than Source but it isn't going to beat Crysis but then CS is about gameplay rather than graphics. With V-Sync off I was hitting 200 - 300 FPS (Core i5 3.3GHz 2500K Sandy Bridge, GeForce GTX570, 8GB RAM) with no drop in smoke or during gun fights.

Sorry about the blurryness, the real game is a lot sharper but I've had to change the res down to fit properly:

20111130000191024x576.jpg

20111130000181024x576.jpg

20111130000141024x576.jpg

20111130000091024x576.jpg

20111130000061024x576.jpg

20111130000011024x576.jpg

Haha you say that as if sb ever actually folded ;)

Console gamers are gonna be comedy to play against. Be like playing UK2 players.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
My god, they are going to allow xbox/ps3 fags to play against our mouse keyboard combination. This is more than a reason to come out of gaming retirement lol. Where's the intellimouse 3.0 gone, must get practicing.

Monaro VXR
Wonder if they will implement K&M support on the consoles. I mean they both already support them in some ways. Wouldn't take much to program them into the game.

Otherwise it is just going to be an arse kicking and the console guys will just end up getting huge amounts of aim assistance.

F82 M4
A lad from thesgl has put this video up just to show the recoils etc -

Last edited by a moderator:
  F82 M4
To be fair you can do it with the Eagle Eye converter. Looks ok tbh!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Scirocco 2.0 tsi
If they ever actually start to let people play console games with a K&M rather than a shitty gaypad then that will be 1 of the last nails in the coffin of PC gaming. I'd definately get a console if I could use proper controllers (K&M) to play games.

Fiesta ST-3
Might have to dust off the old razer deathadder and steelpad XL... My gaming rig hasn't been used for a couple of years either!!

Bike*
Source was epic, before the shitty update with achievements and stuff, really good game used to play oline ALL the time.
Then i lost my virginity, and it changed me for the better

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Source still has pwnage value... but may have to give CS:GO a go.

Not a 320d
Looks like a good referesh to source engine. But it should have been released about 5 years ago. IMO the source engine was pushing its luck on release, just refreshing it all these years later when theres the likes of BF3 and COD 16 out (yes I know theyre completely different games) isnt enough IMO. Its a game thats been out for a long long time, and while the concept is simple and works, its just been done before. Twice. And then some.

Used to mod the source engine to f**k, did everything except program.

F82 M4
Was given a beta key for this a few weeks ago so been bashing it now and again. IMO it's better than Source but nowhere near as good as 1.6. Still much left to do though. I just wish Valve would mix 1.3 and 1.6 gameplay with better graphics, job done. How hard could it be. :(