ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Could Have Been Worse! Crash...

Renault Clio
Well about 2hours ago, This women was coming down the road (One way street) and passed out and smacked 2 cars and they pushed onto the back of mine. The women was on some pills and was told not to drive, Ovs she dint take any notice.
But it could of been much more worse, I got off lightly with just a mark on the back bumper.
The problem is now, To respray my back bumper its going to cost about £100, But if i claim i have to pay the first £400. I will get it back i know but should i ask the women to give me cash in hand or go through to claim?

Pictures -

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0048-1.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0049-1.jpg

IMG_0054-1.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0052-1.jpg

IMG_0050-1.jpg

Re: Could Of Been Worse! Crash...

You won't have to pay.

You don't pay the excess when it's not your fault.

Women FTL.

182 T

Lucky that, Surely if it was her fault and she was insured then it wont be you making the claim to your company...? Why would you need to pay excess on a claim that would be paid by her insurance company?

350Z GT

+1 on not having to pay the excess.
Have you checked the boot floor too or did it not have that much of an impact?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

She wont want to pay cash since she'll be claiming anyway, and possibly losing her licence i bet.

But you dont want a non fault claim against you since it will probably cost you more than £100 in future premiums (presume you are young).

Its unfortunate but i'd not tell the insurance and stump up the cash to get it repaired if i were you :(

Qashcow

although your best off trying not to get it done through insurance, even though its not your fault it will still increase your policy next year!!

What a dozy bint. Always a bloody woman in situations like this. Hope she loses her licence for a LONG time.

Also, check your boot floor/back panel if you haven't yet.

172 Cup

I wouldn't involve the insurers at all. Get her to pay you cash.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member

Honestly I wouldn't claim for that. Most insurance co's now increase your insurance when you declare a crash even if it isn't your fault. One of my crashes which was fully recovered still put my premium up £100. To claim for that damage and take that risk is silly. Don't claim. I think you'll end up worse off and could end up with a higher premium for a while. Declaring that as an accident for 3/5 years for a scuff is silly.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member

Ah man that sucks! Worksop women for you though eh :p Least the damage is repairable :)

Clio 182 arctic

get your own solicitor, they will do everything thats needed, plus you wont pay a single penny and your insurance will never find out unless your unfortunate enough to be with the same company as her. thats what i did and i got a cheque handed to me and that was that.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

She will be forced to surrender her license to the DVLA for at least 3 months, then should she be fit to drive, will have to go through DVLA's medical section and they will need to check with her docs/consultant that she is fit to drive. If no likey, no licensee!

ITB'd MK1

she'll be making a BIG claim anyway, she'll be covering an excess so wont want to pay out another £100 to you. Claim off her or do nothing. Make sure she gets prosecuted for DUI though

Clio 172 Cup

agreed, I had a car written off by a fork lift when it was parked up & I wasn't even there - still increased my premium (thankfully I had protected NCD) - took me a year to get the £250.00 excess back & 2+ yrs down the road they are STILL trying to recover the money for the hire car I had from the other parties insurers!!!

BMW 330CI M SPORT

You DO pay the excess, but it's then recovered back from the Third Party. Try get her to pay the fix.

PS 200

Could be wrong - but if she was on pills and shouldn't have been driving I don't think her insurers will be paying out anything.

You could well be on your own trying to sue her.

An Insurance expert will be able to confirm / deny this.

Good luck.

Renault Clio
Well i've been told today that her insurence might get valid, Plus the GP had told her she was ok to drive. But the ambulance people told her she shouldnt of been driving. So looks like the GP is going to get done by the police. Am going to get some prices wenesday and just nock on her door and tell her to pay it.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Personally, considering your age.

I'd paythe £100 out of my own pocket, not involve any insurers and try to get her to re-imburse you.

The £100 is nothing compared to what the insuance company will take from you over the years if a claim is made

Hyundai i40
you got off very lightly there mate :)

hope you get it all sorted and as above, id pay yourself than go through your insurance

2005 Renault Clio 1.2 16v
You can get a new back bumper for around £30 cant you? Im sure i found one for that price when looking for a front one for mine.

Qashcow
seriously, id do anything in my power to not have anything to do with insurance. its a scratch, its not worth even following it up unless you can get cash out of her.

Renault Clio
Just got a qoute for my bumper for £100. Getting another one in a hour. Just notice my exhaust has been pushed in and the other one has been pushed out, Went to the place where i got them done and he said bring it down friday and we will sort it for you. All good.