ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

corrupt Micro SD Card

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
got a brand new 32gb micro sd card from play.com its a month old, its for my xperia phone. it has all the photos from my phone on it, all the photos of me and my daughter.

it was fine yesterday, went to take some photos today and all my photos have gone off the phone. went into settings and there was no memory card there. plugged the phone into the computer via usb and nothing.

plugged the card straight into the computer and again it wont work, it just say it needs formatting.

some photos I wont lose sleep over but the ones of my daughter I will lose lots of sleep over.

help???

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Get a USB SD card reader, put the card in the reader then plug into PC. Try Recuva by Piriform. If it doesn't pick it up, try assigning it a drive letter.

Ive had this problem with Micro SD cards, something do do with a controller on the chip.

End of the story is I couldn't format it or do anything with it, it was dead.

Hope you have better luck with yours.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Can't help you with your issue, but is it a fake card?

a lot of the cards on places like amazon and play marketplaces are.

Depending on the manufacturer you can check on their website with the serial number to check.

if its not fake you could maybe speak to the manufacturer to see if they will try and get the data back as its so new and you put faith in their brand. Would be worth a try.

but so many of those cards are just fakes these days.

I only by from mymemory.com and they always seem to be real, I check the serial numbers with the manufacturer as mentioned.

FF Clio 182
got a brand new 32gb micro sd card from play.com its a month old, its for my xperia phone. it has all the photos from my phone on it, all the photos of me and my daughter.

it was fine yesterday, went to take some photos today and all my photos have gone off the phone. went into settings and there was no memory card there. plugged the phone into the computer via usb and nothing.

plugged the card straight into the computer and again it wont work, it just say it needs formatting.

some photos I wont lose sleep over but the ones of my daughter I will lose lots of sleep over.

help???

Where about's are you located ? Recovered no end of memory cards/pensticks. Common as muck for failing.