ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Corrugated tube hanging down?

RS Clio 182
Okay folks, I have a length of black corrugated tube hanging from the underside of the engine bay and I have no idea what it is for. The car is a 182. Doesnt seem to have any wire running through it and is hanging near the passenger fog light and comes from somewhere near the battery. Went to Renault today and one of the mechanics said it was a breather pipe for the battery but I thought all batteries were sealed nowadays?? Any ideas what it is?

Clown Car
There is a small diameter black corrugated breather tube that comes from the top of the battery (ecu end) and runs under the fuse/relay box, and down the inside of the wing/chassis, is it causing a problem?.

Most modern car batteries are sealed, but when a battery is charging they give off hydrogen gas so the breather tube is probably for that.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
breather pipe for the battery....

Sorry mate... but..

WHAT THE f**k? LOL

I've never seen anything like that mate.

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
I reckon a full blown cold air feed to the battery is worth 15BHP on a good day.
I know when you charge rechargeable batteries at home they get hot whilst charging. Keeping them cool only goes to improve the performance.:rasp:

Shibber said:
I reckon a full blown cold air feed to the battery is worth 15BHP on a good day.
I know when you charge rechargeable batteries at home they get hot whilst charging. Keeping them cool only goes to improve the performance.:rasp:

misinformed there m8........only 10bhp as the warm battery electrical flow a major problem with the later models ....................lol:quiet:

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
kullycliosport said:
misinformed there m8........only 10bhp as the warm battery electrical flow a major problem with the later models ....................lol:quiet:

Sh*te sorry m8 forgot about that...... It's a fair point, my mistake lol

some motorbikes have breather tubes on the edge of their batteries.. he he.. not many car batteries have them though!

may be fog light wiring?

RS Clio 182
I will post pics up tomorrow. It is just long enough to drag along the ground. I initially thought fog lights as its the same tubing that contains the wires for the fog lights as I fitted fog lights in my 1.2 clio a few years back. However there is no wire running through it.

Monaco Blue Mk2
It sounds like the tube that holds the wires to the fog IMO. It might be split or something or come off somehow.