ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant level help

Fiesta Zetec
Hi, my coolant level keeps going down, but I cant see any leaks.

Was very low last week, topped it up and now its below min again.

Any advice on what to check/where to look

Fiesta Zetec
someone else said water pump could be leaking, is this a likely cause? as im having the cambelt/ pump changed on saturday.

There is no sign of mayo anywhere, the oil is very clean too, Also the radiator is new ,was changed by previous owner

Fiesta Zetec
Also, as the radiator was new, could it be that the previous owner did not refill properly? how many litres does the coolant system take?

BMW E46 330i Touring
I couldn't see any obvious leaks when my radiator had cracked until I took it to a garage and they applied some pressure to it... came flooding out!

If it's recently been replaced, then possibly the levels haven't been topped up properly, or a connection isn't correct somewhere?

If you're getting some serious work done soon, then you may as well ask them to check it as well... takes a matter of minutes.

Fiesta Zetec
manual says the capacity is over 5 litres, does it take a while for the bottle to drain down for the system to reach capacity?? i.e if I fill it now to max, will it slowly sink down

Fiesta Zetec
Seems to still be going down but now slower, still cant trace any leak, I have no other symptoms but could it be the geadgasket??

HELP

Fiesta Zetec
I have done, today I bought a new cap for the expansion tank as I heard it hissing a little last week. I have run engine with cap off until the fan kicked in to free any air in the system, I then topped up and put new cap on.

Still worried it may be headgasket as thats what peolple keep saying

If its the head gasget the coolent would go funny colour and the poil under the cap would be mayonaisely.

Get the system pressure tested again.