ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant draining and engine temp rising

BG FF 182
Hi guys,

About a week ago, my girlfriend was driving our 182 and said the STOP light came on. When I had a look at it I realised the coolant reservoir was empty, so I topped it up and everything seemed fine until today when, on the motorway on the way from London to York, the temperature rocketed and the stop light came on again. I pulled off the motorway and saw that the coolant had completely drained again. I topped it up but then about every half an hour, the temp would rise and I'd have to do the same again.

I've not noticed any leaks when the car's been parked on the drive but is it possible it's only at high pressure? What are other things I should look for? And what are the potential problems? Radiator? Head gasket? Other than this, I've not noticed any other problems; no loss of power or excessive oil use or anything like that.

On a related note, can anyone recommend a mechanic in York?!

renault clio 1.4 16v
do you have coolent in the system? any leaks should be easily noticable as the coolent will leave a white residue when it dries, i had a slow leak from my water pump at one stage, would only leak when the engine is on and hot...