ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant Bottle Change - Need to bleed?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Hi all -

Going to buy a new coolant bottle to freshen up the engine bay a bit.

I haven't found a concrete answer to this but I need to bleed the system if I'm just switching the header tank?

Thanks

I wouldn't mind doing this too but don't really want to diy changing the whole coolant as I'm worried about air lock.

Might just change the tank then take it to the garage to change the rest of coolant.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Really easy to do, max 20 minutes work.
-syphon as much coolant out as you can using a clear tube so you dont end up swallowing any coolant lol.
- undo the top pipe first , have a rag to catch any coolant
-have a mate holding a small cup underneath the lower pipe - i use a rattle can lid held with long pliers. remove the lower pipe and catch the coolant that comes out. I used a bit of duct tape to keep the lower pipe held upright after this just to make sure no air gets in just incase the pipe drops .
-2 x 10mm nuts securing the bottle need to be removed - dont drop the nuts - so easy to do.
-new bottle on etc etc.

Cheers for the guide. [emoji106]
don't mind changing coolant bottle myself. I'll probably g clamp the pipes before their disconnected. Stop air/coolant.

Will let garage drain rest of coolant as I don't want to air lock it.

Might just clean original bottle. Saw someone do it on here and came up like new!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Cheers for the guide. [emoji106]
don't mind changing coolant bottle myself. I'll probably g clamp the pipes before their disconnected. Stop air/coolant.

Will let garage drain rest of coolant as I don't want to air lock it.

Might just clean original bottle. Saw someone do it on here and came up like new!
Ive seen people put them in the dishwasher and use toothbrushes but because of the design of the bottle you will only be able to get the top half clean. inside the bottle there are baffles which mean you cannot get to the bottom to clean it. Also over time the plastic gets more opaque and darker.

Much easier to get one off ebay or eurcarparts for £8.

This was only a quick search : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coolant-E...-7701470460-/301151691108?hash=item461e0a2164

Ah. Didn't realise there were baffles in it!

I'll buy one then. Didn't fancy buying a cheap one as you hear stories of them splitting.
But I think the cheap Clio ones are ok though, from reading a different thread the other day

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks all for the input. Got the ECP one and switched it over. Feels a good enough quality part -

QJzU8RI.jpg

MfaSJDI.jpg

gegp7x4.jpg