ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CookSport Springs

2003 172 Cup
Hi Guys,
I've just fitted these springs but noticed on the rear if you Jack both sides up of the car the springs are capable of falling out, in fact 1 actually did.
Is this Normal? is there away of fixing them in place ? I'm using Cup Shocks.

Cheers

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Knackered shocks or wrong shocks that are too long? They shouldn't fall out when jacked up.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yep that shouldn't happen, has someone fitted non-RS shocks to the rear or something?
You should be able to hear banging and stuff if one of the shocks is broken, and see a load of oil pissing out of the shock itself.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Possibly wrong shocks fitted. My dci shocks were approx 30mm longer than genuine renault 172cup rear shocks when compared. Springs fell out with dci shocks bit not with cup however slightly loose but not mot fail.

I couldn't even get 40mm springs in mine without having someone stand on the rear beam, for them to fall out on jacking there's something definitely wrong there.

2003 172 Cup
I couldn't even get 40mm springs in mine without having someone stand on the rear beam, for them to fall out on jacking there's something definitely wrong there.
I had eibach pro kit fitted before, if you just jack up 1 side of the car and do 1 at a time then they are more difficult to get out , in my case i jacked up both sides which in turn made them looser as the beam drops down further.

I had eibach pro kit fitted before, if you just jack up 1 side of the car and do 1 at a time then they are more difficult to get out , in my case i jacked up both sides which in turn made them looser as the beam drops down further.
I had both sides up mate when fitting mine, was a tight as a nuns chuff! Has to get my missus to stand on the beam to fit them.