ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cooksport springs / eibach springs

172 cup
Yes I've both eibach prolines, fantastic spring just too high ride heigh and cooksports.

The cooksports sit the car at a nice ride height, only make the ride slightly more harsh and handle very well for a road setup. I would say they are the best spring you can get and much cheaper than eibach. Also both will work fine on cup shocks

Shame as I've just sold mine and some adjustable shocks, which work very well with them

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I've had both and although the cooksports have the better look once fitted, I felt that the sportlines are more comfortable and I'd have them over cooksports.

172 cup
Thanks guys, think I'm going to go cooksport, only one way I can find out if I like them, any added parts needed for fitment or just straight on and off jobby?

172 cup
There is no way the cooksports are even close to being as harsh as apex. I had apex on my old 172 and it almost broke my spine.

I didn't find the cooksports too harsh, could go normal speeds (20mph) over speed humps without a problem

172 cup
I agree with the harsh ride comments about the cooksport. I don't see why so many people say they're not much worse than standard because they are

Would you not say it's more peoples tolerance? I mean say someone is used to a nice ride, where as i properly wouldn't notice because I haven't had nicer ones, I'd prefer the drop I think, I can't stand how high the back sits.
thanks

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Eibachs are a progressive spring...unsure about the Cooksports, so can't comment.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I drive a nice comfy diesel daily. When I get in my Clio on Cooksports with solid top mounts and stiff sidewall semi slicks it's not harsh, really it's a nice ride and handles very well. You'll be hard pushed to find better springs.

Impreza Wagon
I've just changed from Sportlines to Cooksports and the later seem to be a lot better. Main differences are slightly lowered ride height and a little firmer. They don't seem crashy at all on the road considering it's a lowering spring however I did also fit new OEM shocks at the same time.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The cooksports are firmer, personally I like a firm ride so long as its not crashy.

I guess it comes down to personal preference but I find the cooksports to be the best setup Ive tried on a road going clio that also does trackdays.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above really, the cooksports are not crashy but they are firm. the sportlines ride higher and are softer and again not crashy so feel more like standard cup springs

apex ride even lower but are crashy as hell

172 cup
I've just changed from Sportlines to Cooksports and the later seem to be a lot better. Main differences are slightly lowered ride height and a little firmer. They don't seem crashy at all on the road considering it's a lowering spring however I did also fit new OEM shocks at the same time.

Argghh really struggling now money is tight ATM and I've been offered eibach for cheap (not in the best of condition) and as I was looking at buying new cooksport sim making a bit of a saving as I'm skint at the moment it does help, but I do want the more drop on the back, what do you reckon mate pick up cheap eibach or get new cooksport?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
How much is cheap? I linked a set of cooksports in the ebay section for £105 delivered.

Impreza Wagon
I'd seriously wait for Cooksports unless you get hold of some Sportlines very cheap. By the time they come back in stock you'll have saved enough for them ;). Fitting them is also an easy task if you have a socket set and some jacks, took me 2 hours on my own in the rain!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Lower you go on springs more likely you are to knacker shocks quicker long term..

I'd seriously wait for Cooksports unless you get hold of some Sportlines very cheap. By the time they come back in stock you'll have saved enough for them ;). Fitting them is also an easy task if you have a socket set and some jacks, took me 2 hours on my own in the rain!

Be able to buy some coilovers by the time they come in to stock you mean. ;)