ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cookie's 2009 Honda Civic Type R GT

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I have always put momentum in mine, it gives a few more mpg which kind of pays for itself.
Ive even tested it in the 1.4 golf I have and its better in that too.
Yeah I wouldve thought it should. But cos I was bored at work I calculated the mpg on similar runs when they'd run out of momentum and I got loads more on 95 ron.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Placebo for dearer fuel?

although mine was mapped on vpower and anything less does feel crap.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ep was the same. Never felt any different on anything more than 95 cos thats what they're mapped for from factory. Brother brimmed the ep with bp 95 too (wasn't pleased!) just before mapping so its still mapped for 95 altho I use 99 just to keep the injectors clean.

I'll use 95 for a month and give it a proper go, but yeah definitely seem to get more out of it and I take the price per litre into account to convert every 20 quid to litres, then gallons then mpg.

AK

M240i
Yeah to be fair my commute is only 10 miles or so in stop start so the MPG won’t be great.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Obviously it's broken.

A/C isn't working as it should, Kwik Fit attempted a re-gas today but made no odds

What do I look at next @Danith aside from firelighters and autotrader

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Obviously it's broken.

A/C isn't working as it should, Kwik Fit attempted a re-gas today but made no odds

What do I look at next @Danith aside from firelighters and autotrader
I had the same issue. Absolute ballache.

Relay is 30 quid from honda so could try that first.
Then I needed a new condensor as mine was pierced and the gas on regas 1 just leaked out.
Or you'll need a new pump cos they tend to seize up, mine was.

Had the whole bloody lot done!

Do your revs drop when its Turned on? If it does then that should rule out the expensive pump.

I paid :

40 quid for a pump (got lucky second hand)
Condensor 110 quid ish
Relay 30 quid from honda

Then labour and regas

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Only you can give the skittles effect on one of the most reliable makes of car

Go for a lexus next haha

Im sure danith will know whats what..
And funny you should say that, been eyeing up Lexus is250's! Won't do it yet but down the line they look a bargain

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I had the same issue. Absolute ballache.

Relay is 30 quid from honda so could try that first.
Then I needed a new condensor as mine was pierced and the gas on regas 1 just leaked out.
Or you'll need a new pump cos they tend to seize up, mine was.

Had the whole bloody lot done!

Do your revs drop when its Turned on? If it does then that should rule out the expensive pump.

I paid :

40 quid for a pump (got lucky second hand)
Condensor 110 quid ish
Relay 30 quid from honda

Then labour and regas
I can hear a click/clunk when something engages, and the revs drop slightly then come back up (that's on pressing the AC button)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I didnt have that so at least you can tell your pump is actually engaging.
If you get under the car you can see if the pulley/Clutch spins. Mine was seized solid.

Try the relay, genuine is 30 quid but I believe others got non genuine for less. They did update the relays after a couple of years and faults. Can't remember if mitsuba is the revised or old one. It should be on my thread near the beginning

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Good luck with low 20 mpg. The 220d only does mid 30s. Decent cars and properly reliable.
Look smart too. The 2.5 SR model looks decent with a bigger set of rims. All depends what I do next year and how far my home and job will be apart.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah but its got a bit of a lip on the front and some other bits I think.

PH2 172
I can hear a click/clunk when something engages, and the revs drop slightly then come back up (that's on pressing the AC button)
Sounds like the compressor has failed internally.
The clutch is engaging, so the system is gassed (there is a low pressure cut out switch) & the relay is working.
Plenty on eBay.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Thats the one mate. Sounds like same issue as mine then.
I got mine off a bloke who was removing his ac for a turbo conversion. A lot of folk are removing now for track so if you don't get any luck off the ebay breakers maybe give honda Hq a call as they might have some from doing removals. I saw on fb they have been doing a few

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Oh actually theres a seller on ebay called roreason (Daniel Reason) who breaks a few. He does civic cup I think so might have some lying about.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I watched a video of a bloke tapping the relay and it magically sparking the thing into life.. didn't fix my problem though :tongueout:

Kwik Fit man said there was about 100g of gas left in it and they put 400g back in

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Had a peer down into the engine bay from the top @Danith think the a/c pulley whatsit is right at the bottom correct? That's not moving at all with the a/c on
It won't if it's low on gas mate, there is a pressure switch and if that doesn't detect the gas pressure then it won't allow the pump to run.

But in saying that you've just had the system gased.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I had my first regas done and they said it was completely leak free. Talking b****cks, my condensor was completely shagged and bowed!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Guy from Kwik Fit did stress their system is basic and wouldn't detect all leaks, whatever the f**k that means.. system is either sealed or its not

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
It means this is why I work here and not somewhere else + I can't be bothered to look at it again as the suns out.
It also took them nearly 90 minutes to tell me that. I've no idea what they were doing

He did say to bring it back in a week if it's still not working, like it was magically going to get colder as time went on.. not sure that's how things work

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
It also took them nearly 90 minutes to tell me that. I've no idea what they were doing

He did say to bring it back in a week if it's still not working, like it was magically going to get colder as time went on.. not sure that's how things work
Lolz, quality.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Suppose I still need to check if the pulley spins round.. dunno if I can reach that from underneath without taking anything off

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Whats this, Terry manages to buy quite arguably one of the most reliable hot hatches about and yet, yet, we’ve some how arrived here.

Your car buying saga is as chequered as my ex bird choice, keep it up Terrence. Maybe consider dropping an M3 engine into this for maxium cunterment?

PH2 172
It sounds like it's engaging. Might just be a leak. Why the hell would you take it to Kwik fit!

Phone a mobile air con guy. They will find a leak.

There will not be a leak, as the clutch would not engage if the system was not pressurised.
The splines of the drive shaft have stripped, or a reed valve or internal gasket has failed.
This is what goes on in there.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Whats this, Terry manages to buy quite arguably one of the most reliable hot hatches about and yet, yet, we’ve some how arrived here.

Your car buying saga is as chequered as my ex bird choice, keep it up Terrence. Maybe consider dropping an M3 engine into this for maxium cunterment?
Only difference being I can talk about my car history whilst not under police caution