ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Controlling a cup in the wet.....

RS Clio 200
control in the wet is surely obtained by not driving like a chav in the wet.
i suggest reducing the revs

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Wet roads + Cup + besting car = Crash.

They are nervous in the wet, takes driver skill to keep on the road, not traction control and abs.

All part of the fun.

S-Max
S22 Ive been driving donkeys mate dont need lecture on how to drive!

Just wanted to know if its a common issue with the car as opposed to me having to get my car looked at....

Turbos.
The Cup is a bit skittish under braking in the wet especially, stability has been sacrificed for the keener turn in. If you're really that bothered get the geo put to normal 172 settings...

If your car is getting on a bit you may want to check condition of bushes and dampers.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
slow down?

mine is fine, just dont drive it like a hero, no need to be raping it through the high revs in the wet.... why do you need to??!

Impreza P1
Does get a bit twitchy in the wet I have Yoko A539's , as soon as it's a bit wet I normally go even easier than i normally do. Super Granny slow as supposed to just Granny Slow;)

Jokers people who say Oh no don't drive your cup in the winter you might crash. So what do I do Walk to work or catch the chav bus Id rather drive in the wet.:rasp:

Impreza P1
I Know mate Anyone would think a cup is more like a monster that has it's own an amzing ability to crash come winter.

Where do people get these ideas from.

ITS A CAR FOR GOD SAKE COME ANY WEATHER IM DRIVIN, SOD IT!!!!!:mad:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Where do people get these ideas from

mainly following the crowd, trying to fit in etc,and not actually having any knowledge about said subject. Remember cars without abs always crash, (it has nothing to do with the driver easing off the loud pedal, and driving to the conditions, if it doesnt have abs/traction control, it WILL CRASH....FACT)

it must be true cos some gimp off clio sport said ;)

Impreza P1
LOL PMSL:boring: I Like you dude good sense of Humour :rasp:

I remember that for next time when this debate starts again when it comes to winter and every one goes on bout me owning a Cup and how im going to die as i have no Abs.

Neither does my R5 and thats 250 bhp!!!!;)

R35 GTR
Here is a fantastic idea, that has already been mentioned.

Next time the cup gets twitchy, let off a bit.

I am sure that will stop the oversteer.......

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
you want to watch that R5, no abs and wet roads mean you will crash..........

better lock it up till the summer ;)

seriously, sounds a nice bit of kit :)

Impreza P1
Don't worry thats my baby and does stay locked up till summer usually because im too scared to take it out. 850kg odd 250bhp and 13inch original speedlines= White knuckle ride lol and all built by ME lol

However i do prefer the cup to the R5.

Cheers anyway mate;)

Clio 172 mk2
What the f**k did everyone do before abs and traction control?.....the roads must have been pretty empty in the winter lol

Impreza P1
Well I guess everyone who owned a car without it died mate. Cos if someone on here said so must be the truth:rasp:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
exactly, only one of my cars had abs

its all b****cks and a myth

Impreza P1
Looks like we are part of the Anti Abs Crew AAC man .........

Just kidding thats the 20year old in me coming out... ops i am 20 :dapprove:

Clio 172 mk2
Well I guess everyone who owned a car without it died mate. Cos if someone on here said so must be the truth:rasp:

Yep.....that would be the reason why there are more drivers on the road these days.....the good old abs:)

Impreza P1
How Dull :dead: Oh look at me I have 4 wheel drive now i'll just go really fast everywhere and never lose control or have any fun round corners.

I have served my biological purpose and now im waiting to die

you can only go as fast as the car will let you ..... but it is the season to be jolly (in the ditch or on top of the island ) ..... caramel m8.... take it easy :dead:

Impreza P1
Yep If you Aqua Plain in general I would put my head between my legs and try and kiss my arse good bye.

Oh I bet only Cups can aqua plain lol ;) must be impossible for FF's to do that.

It's the drivers, Cup's have a higher percentage of faulty ones. Keep an eye on the for sale section there'll be plenty of "breaking 172cup spares or repair" between now and march.

Impreza P1
Yeah obviously that must be it :mad:.

ERRRRRRR NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering I have had mine a year and have not even locked up, skidded been even near to a smash and niether has my Girlfriend and she's female lol