ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Constantly falling in and out of love with my 172

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0
I find I'll love it for one week, next week something goes wrong and I hate it, then I'll be driving on a back road and I'll love it again, is this the same with everyone, or is it just me?

same with me mate, although im kind of stuck on what to do to it next, had a remap so far.. but im a bit stuck haha

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
im the same mate. had it six months, fell out of love with it. Then became a full member on here and saw what ya could get in the for-sale section and I loved it again. few months later i got bored again, put it up for sale, but now i love it again and want to keep it. so have just bought some coilovers and plan to take it the ring next year

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0
I like mine being standard, though thinking of getting it lowered slightly. But at least once a month something breaks, my old 172 was the same, but I thought I had just got unlucky,lol.

Stripped yozza'd cup
You'll get bored of any car. Regardless of what it is.
My technique is to wait for a day when you don't like it, and buy something new for it.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I'm out of love with mine ATM.

This week I've had a new windscreen fitted (that's 3 now in 19k) two new rear tyres, and is currently off the road waiting for the gearbox to have a re-con :(:(

Last edited:
  Ph 1 172
Love it during the spring and summer but it annoys the piss out of me in the winter stupid snow and ice and instead Of a hot hatch that's blastic down a b road, it turns into a rattley loud uncomfortable French tin cab lol

I'm out of love with mine ATM.

This week I've had a new windscreen fitted (that's 3 now in 19k) two new rear tyres, and is currently off the road waiting for the gearbox to have a re-con :(:(

three windscreens bloody hell do the birds s**t bricks???

Iceberg 172
I've loved my Clio since I first got it but since it's been cold and the roads have been s**t I've started falling out of love with it.

And today I've found out the starter motor is fooked after buying a new battery, so yeah, I guess I agree with you!

RenaultSport Clio 172 FF
I love mine most of the time, when something breaks I make it into an excuse to uprate the part and then slowly it turns into something a bit more special, which in turn makes it feel that bit better to drive.

The only thing i wish is that my daily commute is B roads but instead its dual carriage way, which while it can be fun is mostly boring.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I was bord of my old one, but I really miss it now TBH. Would buy it back in a second. Dont move on - you will probably regret it (Like I do abit)

But when your driving to work, on a freezing cold morning, with a hangover, aren't you soooo happy to be comfy and quiet :)

Iceberg 172
TBH I think this weather makes me fall out of love of cars in general... Doesn't matter what car I have!

You can't keep it clean, you can't drive it properly and the cold makes things break!!!

As soon as the roads are dry and your car stays gleaming and you can throw it about a bit you'll be back in love!

Nothing seems to break on my cars which I can uprate!!!!! It's always shot stuff like starter motors!!! But I have ordered the more expensive Bosch one so I'm expecting a V8 twitch on start up with that best turning the engine over!!!! Lol!!

White clique
Normal reaction towards a car.

Some people get too hung up on their cars and fell some weird personal pressure to enjoy every single drive and if they don't, they've bought a s**t car.

Its a car - it gets you from A-B, if you occasionally have a blast driving it, great, but if you get bored of it, simply buy another.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I like driving it and I hate constantly fixing it. Thats pretty much the long and short of my 'relationship' with my car. I actually have no problems with the winter in it either, it warms up nice and quick and last winter it didn't get stuck once, at all, ever. up and down hills etc etc through the -10 snow and ice :) Also its fun to be able to 'drift' at a nice safe 5mph haha

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Yes they do ;) Pull the handbrake, keep it sideways on handbrake for aslong as your happy, then let handbrake off and pull car straight. Safe drifting in the snow :)