ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

considering buying a v6

RB 182
I am considering buying a V6 to replace my much loved 182 , i have never driven a rear wheel drive car, i was just wondering if its TOTALLY different to drive or is it only slightly different, ive been told its really easy to loose the back end if your not used to it, just wanted to know really the main difference, apart from speed obviously , between the 182 an the v6
thanks all :D

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
supercar, flol. My Mercedes is rear wheel drive and to be honest I don't drive it any differently to all the previous FWD cars I've had, that's what traction control is for.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
v6 will be fine, id imagine in the wet if your driving like a dick then it could catch you out.

only rear wheel drive cars ive driven have been longer wheel base turbo buses, 200sx/rx7's and they are hairy. but v6 will be fine with less power and no turbo to catch you out!

For the money you could get a new sport and it will handle better and only a little slower.
That said they are the nutts

BTW i love the V6s clarkson said he would have one in his top 10 best cars of all time, they look amazing i was just giving another option dude :)

Anyone who picks a 200 over a V6 needs the head checked IMO. Unless you need 4 seats etc.

The V6 is awesome! The 197/200 is good.

Well new vs used isn't really a fair comparison. Granted the 200 is great for a new car, but its not in the same league as a V6 IMO

No i agree with you on the same grounds you cant compare, but then again on the same grounds they both wouldnt be around 15k :)

True. But the OP is thinking about buying a V6, not a 200.

I personally wouldn't buy a new car anyways. If I had 15k to play with I'l be looking at the usuals, V6/M3 etc

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So you would buy a clio over a Bemmer then Justin? :)

Now thats a tough choice! Mate has the M3, and obviously Ali has the V6, so been in both quite a lot..

I'm really not sure!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Would all depend on how old you were feeling at the time! ;)

Clio v6
I have the spec here.
V6 0-60 6 secs
Top speed 144

Maybe a V6 Humby, but what about Clio V6?

Phase 1 PERFORMANCE
0-62 mph 6.4 secs
Maximum speed 147 mph

Phase 2 PERFORMANCE
0-62 mph 5.8 secs
Maximum speed 153 mph

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
supercar, flol. My Mercedes is rear wheel drive and to be honest I don't drive it any differently to all the previous FWD cars I've had, that's what traction control is for.
Which the Vee doesn't have!

They are different to drive, the steering and gear shift are very different. Have to be a bit cautious in the wet, but in the dry they are very grippy. I'm not a great fan of how they drive, but as an experience I doubt there's anything that gets close for £15k.

The running costs are much higher. Gp20, 23ish mpg, consumables are much pricier.

Lionel Richie
a ferrari 360 is cheaper to run than a V6 (in terms of parts anyway) and its MUCH easier to work on too!

Maybe a V6 Humby, but what about Clio V6?

Phase 1 PERFORMANCE
0-62 mph 6.4 secs
Maximum speed 147 mph

Phase 2 PERFORMANCE
0-62 mph 5.8 secs
Maximum speed 153 mph

Different websites say different things, but thats insubstantial, it is still only a second difference and the top speed doesnt matter as ud never do it but anyway thats cool

Right is that actually classed as a private road as its not owned by the Highways agency, ive never been given a proper answer when i ask this.

Clio v6
Different websites say different things, but thats insubstantial, it is still only a second difference and the top speed doesnt matter as ud never do it but anyway thats cool

When you go way above 155 in a Clio v6 looking at the speedo is not your main concern.

Lionel Richie
^taking off is a risk!

M6 toll is police patrolled/controlled, you break the speed limit, you get bum invaded by the rozzers

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Right is that actually classed as a private road as its not owned by the Highways agency, ive never been given a proper answer when i ask this.
Not a private road, but very lightly policed. Very.

in the damp the vee does feel like it can take you out at any point so you naturally take care. if you don’t you would soon have a heart in the mouth moment that would get you inline!!

if you potter around you would never notice the fwd/rwd difference, however if your making progress, you always need to remember to brake in a straight line and never lift off the power mid corner….or it will end up in tears.

at speed corner entry takes more skill, thought and precision than in almost any other car on the road.

if your worried, take it on one of them driver instruction days but I don’t think the handling is that scary that its needed.

and the vee will easily clear 150mph!

The bitching at 0 - 60 speeds always amuses me.

The Vee has 300nm of torque, compared to the 200s 200 or so. The vee will pull in any gear much easier - leaving the 200 behind.

V6s are quick.