ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connects2 Ipod lead installation

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Should hopefully be getting mine through the post in the next couple of days so took the headunit out today to have a quick nosey.

I'm looking to run the wire down into the ashtray if it is long enough. Has anyone done this?

How did you run it to the ashtray did some of the dashboard bits need to come off? Thanks.

pull out ashtray and cupholder tray and then the panel covering the underside of the air con buttons remove it and then route down

Charged Superleggera
as said. will make mroe sence when you get the cup holder tray and cd player out

Last edited:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
right got the cd player and cup holder out, cant get the panel off benath my heating dials. Not got air con if that makes a difference. How did you men get it off? cheers

i have one but ive got a mk3 so you would probably be putting it in a diff place!

the product itself: not that great imo

yeah, and the fact that mine works only intermittently. i barely use it now though as i prefer the clarity and volume that a CD provides.

Im only using a standard HU though.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Hopefully I'l be a happy be they seem to be the benchmark in terms of connecting your media player to a standard HU if what I've read is to be believed.

Anyway, any help on the taking out of the plastic cover beneath my heater controls? Had abit of prize at the front of it with a screwdriver and it seemed like it didn't want to come off.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the underside mate. There is a like a plastic cover in the shape of a curb, and had a little pull at that and it felt like it didn't want to bugde.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Fancy having mine in the ashtray and then and ipod holder in the cig lighter.

I wedged a coin when i was sitting in the car the other day inbetween the tiny gap of the ash tray/cup holder and the center console. You need to jiggle it about a bit as it needs to un hook from the back before you pull it out. I thenfed the leeed down the back and in the ash tray.

Sits good now.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
How do I get it to play through the speakers? got it all connected in but can't get any sound out of it.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
got mine working. Not hard to fit at all, plug and play really. Didn't have instructions as I got it second hand but its simple enough to figure out.

RS Clio 182
Ive just fitted my connects2 - very simple to set up & connect,the audio plays through the CD changer function so just flick through the sources till you get to it,and it fires up your ipod,sound quality seems good,pretty much same as CD on 320 Kbps Mp3's - im going to give it a test as i drive 40 miles to my g/friends tonight.

the wire that connects to your HU could be a bit longer - i was going to drill a hole in the glovebox,but opted to just feed the wire down through that hole that is already at the bottom right of the passenger foot well,it doesnt look too bad but i need an ipod holder now.