ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connecting Work Gmail and just host account - Can't receive mail?!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Right,
No permanent workstations at work, so we hot-desk etc.
Have been given a justhost web-mail account and a Google Calendar.
As I have the Google Work access, I want to use Gmail to as my client rather than justhosts own online.. things.
This has all gone fine, Inbox is sorted, but for some reason it will not recieve mail from an outside email address. justhost picks it up fine, but not Gmail. If I send from Email to myself it goes to both, but from others, nothing.

Anyone have a similar setup and offer a solution?!

I use Gmail as my host (both for work and personally).

I assume you've set the POP3 up in your Gmail settings?

E.g. here are mine:

21673291569_f30baf21f5_b.png

21237403534_2ba7b9208d_b.png

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
sounds like what I need to do - Virgin media moved me on to their own shite webmail and it is absolutely shockingly bad. Miss gmail so will see what I can do to get it back using CJ's approach above.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Hmm.. Seems like I'm in an odd situation.

I have my own personal G mail account, which I can do the above with, But I cant view and edit the work calendar.

Or I have the Work Gmail account (fiddling about with pop and imap does nothing), with the E-Mail not working but the calendar I can fully edit.

Hmm.. Seems like I'm in an odd situation.

I have my own personal G mail account, which I can do the above with, But I cant view and edit the work calendar.

Or I have the Work Gmail account (fiddling about with pop and imap does nothing), with the E-Mail not working but the calendar I can fully edit.
The Work Gmail you speak of, is that using the proper Business Google account?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
UPDATE:

Apparently down to MX records and its not fixable, at least to someone with my knowledge. I can update the MX records to point to Google, but then everyone else in eth company that uses Outlook or any other client doesn't receive mail. So I'm going to have to me the one that roles over.

UPDATE:

Apparently down to MX records and its not fixable, at least to someone with my knowledge. I can update the MX records to point to Google, but then everyone else in eth company that uses Outlook or any other client doesn't receive mail. So I'm going to have to me the one that roles over.
That's the issue with using Google Apps (Business). All or nothing.

I use Gmail as a client, not a host.