ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Outlook.com

dk

911 GTS Cab
just seen that MS have launched a new online mail client called outlook.com.

So went on to have a look and instead of creating a new account i went in with my hotmail address and it upgraded me to outlook, you get free 7gb skydive too.

Anyway, i quite like the gui, its very bold and fresh and seems to work very well.

The important thing for me though is that I've had my hotmail account for years, and so all of my non work email goes there, but sometimes i wish i didn't have the address i have as its a bit non friendly to hand out to some people.

Anyway, outlook lets you create an alias which you can have go into a different folder or just into the inbox so now i have a nice new email address @outlook.com, so i get a new address without losing all my old stuff.

i'd recommend any hotmail users have a look. i have a gmail account but i never use it, hotmail has always worked well for me.

dk

911 GTS Cab
this skydrive business is good too isn't is, can create and edit work docs on the web using it, think it might take over from dropbox for me, more storage for free too.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Cheers for the info.

Just logged into my hotmail after some months/years, everything's been deleted so it's like starting afresh and so I'm now using Outlook. I very rarely send personal email from a computer though. It's quite bland and basic at first glance, doubt it'll take over my gmail though but will keep it in use now.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the heads up. Finally managed to get a decent address.

Hopefully the spam filters are better than hotmail.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
My Hotmail got hacked. Asked me to fill out some crap to get it back again. Didn't bother. Don't have Hotmail anymore.

True story.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I got renaultsport@outlook.com ;) is that sad?

I created an alias but it just lets me choose between either account... I don't want that. I'd like to be able to forward my emails from my Hotmail straight into my Outlook account, is there a way to do this? I tried clicking on 'receive emails from another account' but it seems to only let you do it from a non-Microsoft account! :(

dk

911 GTS Cab
yes, there is a way to migrate to the outlook address and the emails still come in from the old hotmail address, but you effectively only have the outlook account, it was a link in the email they sent you when you signed up from memory.