ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connecting tv to laptop

None
Ive just bought a VGA to hdmi lead to connect my laptop to my tv
Connected it all up but tv showing no signal and i have no idea what im doing to make it work lol

Any help im running vista basic if that helps
Cheers

DMS

A thirsty 172
You'll need to configure the laptop to output to an external monitor. As Ronnie says, it might be a secondary function of the top row of keys. It's usually Fn+F5 or Fn+F6.
You might be able to go into your graphics properties to do it as well. See if you've got anything relating to your graphics settings in the system tray or on your start menu.

Audi S3 225
I had a vga to component cable and it wouldn't work, turns out its for projectors and tv cards etc. Yours may be the same, might be better off getting a normal vga cable.

Try making the screen resolution smaller on your laptop (right click -> properties -> settings)?
Your current settings maybe too big for the tv. Go to smallest first then adjust it untill it no longer supports the screen resolution.