ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connect2 182 wiring fixing ideas ?

Clio 182 ff
I have just got a connect 2 box, just the plain aux one. In my friends 182 he has the sd card usb one and the cable is long enough to reach the glovebox. The cable from stereo to the connect2 box is really short on mine and only just comes out the panel in the passenger footwell. Is there a longer cable I need to get or is there another route to thread it ?

Last edited:
  Clio 182 ff
i had someone over on the facebook page give me a great idea for routing, i removed the cup holder, pulled the aircon under panel off then routed the wire down through the back of the aircon panel and under the cup holder then drilled a small hole in the bottom of the ashtray to have the wire come through.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
^^^ - This - definitely. Especially if/when you manage to get a longer lead (anyone with a bit of patience and wiring ability can do it) - then get yourself something like the below...

They are an absolute god-send and make passing the cable through behind the head-unit an absolute doddle. I'd advise running it into the back of the glove-box with the clip-out panel at the rear. It's out of sight from any scroats then, whereas cables sticking up around the drink holder area might spark their interest that you've left something in the glove-box itself or under the seat, etc.

I took a small nick out of the glove-box panel using a Dremel at low speed.

Not interested in getting one with an iPod, are you? ;)