ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Confusion as to which packs my 182 has

clio 182
Please dont hate me as ii'm well aware this has been covered quite a few times before. I recently purchased a 182 and i'm not sure which packs it has on. It has got the bigger spoiler on (http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?526413-Cup-packs&highlight=cup+pack+spoilers - the one on the right) but no front splitter. Its also got anthracite wheels but not sure about the suspension as its got Eibach springs on it. To me it seems someones bought a normal 182 and just bolted the different spoiler, wheels and springs on, am i wrong?? :S

ps. Sorry if it has been covered like this before and i've missed it but i did look into it

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
De ja Vous.....

You need to get someone who works on these to confirm your ACTUAL suspension- the wheel hubs are different on a standard 182 as opposed to a Cup pack 182-

As for the splitter feel under the bumper for screw hols- to see if you had one originally-

Cheers
Steve

Only way to tell if it has the suspension pack is to check the bolt spacing on the strut.

Splitters sometimes go missing/get broken/the dealers don't bother attaching them to the car.

clio 182
photo1.JPGphoto2.JPG

These are the only TWO holes under the front bumper that look like they might have held something on. Had a splitter on before maybe?

clio 182
Can you post a pic of the car?

Havnt got any pictures at the moment and its a bit dark now haha i'll take some tomorrow. I work at a Jag garage and would be able to get it up on a ramp andbe able to take some pictures of the suspension and hubs if that would help?

+++ Just thought i'd do i quick search on the reg. of my car and found this on a group buy for some Eibach springs -
Name. rich[182]
Make. Renault
Model. Clio 182 Cup Packed
Year. 2005
Engine. 2.0
Reg. MJ55 ZPM
Springs. Sportlines (delivered)

Last edited:

Da

Less
The hubs will physically look the same, but the bolt spacings will differ. You need to measure those to be 100% certain.

V70 d5 beast
not the wheel hub bolts.. the bolts that hold your susspension shocker in place you can't miss them :)

Da

Less
Yeah the strut - hub mounting bolts. Measure top to top, 60mm means cup pack, 54mm means no cup pack.

Yozz'd up 182
Any reason why hopefully? Youve changed from the cup springs anyway?

And coilovers are harder to get with cup pack bolt spacing?

clio 182
Just want the more handling based car than the normal car and i didn't change the springs, they were already on the car when i bought it.

Yozz'd up 182
Sorry yeah thats what i meant.

Iirc the only difference was the springs and colour of the wheels and theyve now been changed to eibach ones (which are better) so your car shouldnt be handling any different from a non cup packed one on eibachs.

Personally id be hoping it didnt have the cup hubs so if you ever do go for coilies youd have more choice and would be easier to get second hand. :)