ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Company of Heroes Anthology - bargain @ PLAY

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/9351525/Company-Of-Heroes-Anthology/Product.html

Only £17.99! :eek: I paid that for the Tales of Valor expansion pack alone, the other month - and its included in this.

The best RTS game on the PC (imo, of course) currently out there. The Tales of Valor campaigns are weak and very small, but that expansion adds a lot in terms of online functionality.

The previous two games in the set (Company of Heroes and Opposing Fronts) both contain superb campaign modes that are both rewarding and entertaining to play.

The final plus point is that the game (graphically) is very scalable. You can cut back on a lot of the eye candy for it to run smoothly or ramp it to the max for the Royston-Machines out there.

A definite 9.9/10 purchase!

D.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
What type of game is this? Can't remember what a RTS is, is that like AOE?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
What type of game is this? Can't remember what a RTS is, is that like AOE?

Similar to Age of Empires m8, yep. But I would say it's far more focused on your units, rather than the buildings & bases that you create. Each army is different and each branch of that army has it's own pros & cons. Like the Yanks have Infantry Company, Armour Company or Airbourne as their three 'factions'. Play on a map with little fuel resource and the Armour Company will find it a hard slog as they mainly require fuel for the production of their tanks and armour. The Germans generally need a LOT of fuel for their Panzer specialities as well.

It's a definite grower of a game. I didn't really like it at first as it's quite unique in the way it plays. I tried it a few times though and when I got stuck into the campaigns, it pulled me in! It's still sits at the top of my RTS throne and it will take something really quite special to knock it off the top spot.

Oh, and it's one of the few games with DX10 support built into it. It does look prettier in Fista than it does in XP.

D.