ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Compact System Camera

As above really, does anyone have one/could recommend one?

I'm after something smaller to carry around than my DSLR but don't want a standard point and click - I want to be able to tweak the various settings etc.

Kawasaki ER6N
I now have 2x Sony A6000 and have sold all my old Canon DSLR stuff. They are incredible for the cash and also can use old manual lenses with a £10 adaptor. The image quality and the speed of the autofocus is far better on the Sony than on the 60d I used to have.

Only slight drawback is the lack of and price of the glass in native E mount but there are ways around this.

Kawasaki ER6N
I have the Sony 5100 and it is amazing for the money. So much better than a compact.

I did have the a5100 however I missed the viewfinder so changed to the a6000. A5100 is very very good too. Sony sensors are some of the best on the market.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I did have the a5100 however I missed the viewfinder so changed to the a6000. A5100 is very very good too. Sony sensors are some of the best on the market.
Agreed! Its probably the only downside but not one that bothers me personally. Want a new lens now though.

Thanks for the response guys.

I was looking at the LUMIX GX7 which looked decent - good spec and has the viewfinder which is a nice touch.

Kawasaki ER6N
Agreed! Its probably the only downside but not one that bothers me personally. Want a new lens now though.
What lenses do you have or just the 16-50 it came with?

I have just ordered the SEL18200LE. I will have a SEL55-210 for sale if you are looking for more zoom.

I also got a LA-EA4 adapter so I can use Sony A mount lenses and picked up a 70-300G zoom lens which is amazing.