ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Common Probs With 1.2’s

Hi, going to *hopefully* see a 2001 (latest shape) 1.2 Dynamique tonight, just wondered if there are any common things I should look out for? Cheers! :)

H22A7 Accord Type R

back of the engine, there is a metal block cover thing.......if it rattles about it can eat through the wires and cause problems. Check the wires aint worn.

novas racing you off the lights:p

oh and if you can get one where the last owner has changed the badges for some 2.0l ones which he nicked off a 172/182 those ones are much faster than most:p

110 pages!!!!! i wonder how big the "renault all common faults across the range" folder is?!?!

1. never let a renault engineer near a renault as they dont really know how to fix it

2. all problems disappear a day before booked into be seen by renault

3. as 2 but will re-appear day after getting back from renault

and so the list goes on and on!! lol

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

plastic engin cover tends to break at will i broke 2, sun roof rattles, central lockin on the 2001 clios tends to go wrong not majourly though, airbag light likes coming on so check the airbag connections under the seat mine was booked in to be fixed wen i crashed it and the airbags didnt go off so get that checked either way. rear drums on sum models were w**k mine broke on my way to get it serviced by hass dad luckily didnt do much harm, be suspicious if it doesnt rattle na only jokin mate.

oh yea check that thers plenty of grip on the tyres i didnt and i wont miss that again. mind you wen i did got them replaced (with new wheels) the tyres lasted 10 weeks i ripped the b******s to shreads

hope this helps mate

Dan

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

Quote: Originally posted by EK05YTO on 12 July 2005
110 pages!!!!! i wonder how big the "renault all common faults across the range" folder is?!?!  1. never let a renault engineer near a renault as they dont really know how to fix it2. all problems disappear a day before booked into be seen by renault3. as 2 but will re-appear day after getting back from renaultand so the list goes on and on!! lol

lol they gave my some b****cks wen i got my central locking done they rang me up and said there wasnt any thing wrong i said to the wench try standing 10 feet from the car then give it a go she put me on hold and said yea ok you were right