ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Comments on colour scheme please

caffery

ClioSport Club Member
  clio sport 2003 172
bought my silver clio to track and am looking for sticker ideas ect done this rough just after coments on the colours
Clio_3_17321122441.jpg

caffery

ClioSport Club Member
  clio sport 2003 172
Re: coments on colour scheme please

this is just a cheap car for the track but want it to look like a track car just the colours im after if you think the yellow is s**t any ideas? silver is hard to match

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

I like it, as a track only car.

caffery

ClioSport Club Member
  clio sport 2003 172

yeh at the min it is road car just bought it fitted 182 engine and mani as 172 had snapped belt new belts pullys all round new water pump clutch phaser ect full through custom zorst next step is brakes and tyres then strip and prep also got one the rear strut braces from the guy that makes um on here prob get front aswell

caffery

ClioSport Club Member
  clio sport 2003 172

yeh sorry mate not one of mi strong points
spelling ect

172,scenic, trafic

it looks terrible on or off track. the y ellow is awful. surely the t rack i s the one place not to do this sort of thing?

caffery

ClioSport Club Member
  clio sport 2003 172

lol at the genral lee.
if it was red i would go for that
this is no show winner guys just want colour ideas. a plain silver clio on the track looks a bit dull. i like the mat black wrap but my mate has done that already an he is going to be on the track to

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member

How about a flat matte silver wrap?
Not seen that done, was something I thought I might do in the future.

caffery

ClioSport Club Member
  clio sport 2003 172

sounds intresting dave cheers will look around for mat silver

Fiesta ST-3

Should look ok for track use only. But man your photoshop/paint skills suck bum.

caffery

ClioSport Club Member
  clio sport 2003 172

lol scott im no artist like i said it was just to gt a feel for the colours

caffery

ClioSport Club Member
  clio sport 2003 172

at one point this was prob a nice yellow clio. but now it looks at home on the track. this is the sort off thing im after but cant decide on colour scheme
playtoymotorsport_home_banner.jpg

Do it. Only if it'll look exactly like the first pic.

I guarantee you'll get some flange and race winz y0!

Last edited:

caffery

ClioSport Club Member
  clio sport 2003 172

lol at the pilock coments was after ideas. if you ant got any jog on

07 Campus Sport 1.2

the yellow looks dash. silver car with black decals (if you insist on having them) would look best tbh, keep it simple

caffery

ClioSport Club Member
  clio sport 2003 172

ok had alot off neg coments bouts the yellow even from mates so i thought red you guys think this is better
redclio.jpg

yeah, thats perfect! it was just the yellow that made the other one a bit iffy. Skillz.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member

I think the problem is those Renault Sport flag decals on the rear quarter, they're just a bit crap imo.

Last edited:

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member

I've been looking through loads of the super 1600 rally cars just to see if there's any decent colour schemes
and this is the best I could find and I still think it looks a bit crap.

S0-Clio-RS-Super-1600-FILE-photo58890-66611.jpg

caffery

ClioSport Club Member
  clio sport 2003 172

dont think some of you get it iv splashed coulor on the car the stickers wont look like that lol just to put some colour on there
i think ill proberbly be better off on some track forums asking this question can a mod close this thanks

clio 1.2 16v

Dont worry about what people on here think mate, they aren't paying for it or driving it so who cares you don have to please anybody but yourself. you could ask somebody to photoshop it properly then it will be closer to what your thinking of.

chumpmobile

spray it pink with rattle cans y0!

if it's not a race car, why make it look like one?

SG9 Forester STi

If that's the look you're after and it's only a bit of fun track car then go for it.

Only bit of advice is spend a bit more time on design and if you have a mate who's handy with Photoshop get them to sort it for you. That way your not wasting your money on something that might not look as good as it did in your head.

350z, Subaru Legacy

I think the problem is those Renault Sport flag decals on the rear quarter, they're just a bit crap imo.

I don't think he was discrediting your (clearly awesome) paint skills, more that the Renault stickers are just a bit w**k.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member

Indeed, I have been trying to help.:S
I just think the Renault Sport flags are a bit played out, but i've given up caring now.:(

Stripped yozza'd cup
I think a more basic colour scheme would be better.... like painting the wheels, mirror covers, fog surrounds, diamonds, bullets etc etc.... You can get a good effect, without looking like you've spent more money on stickers than on the car.

There's plenty of track ph1's on here, have a flick through the project threads.

I love the grey though, if the time ever comes that I need a respray, it will be going lunar grey, no question.

acc1569c.jpg