ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Come on then, Un-touched Clio 1.2

Come on then guys tell me what I can do to increase the performance on my 1.2 clio dynamique.

Basically I would like to increase the 0-60 time and the fuel economy at 70-80mph as the most important options.

p.s Buying another car is not a decent answer :mad:

:p

TBH i have been repaying car payments on various cars for the last 5 years nearly, and I when I have finshed paying for this in about a years time I should have an extra £350 per month in my account and I fancy having that for a while lol

exhaust 7-14 BHP, sealed IK like a BMC CDA 4 - 10 BHP, Chip 6 - 12 BHP !! Most probably the lowest of those figures and you cant just add all that up.

Fred has a K-tec exhaust and a pipercross IK and has a fast little 1.2 !!

Are the bits fairly easy to fit?

i.e could I do it myself or with a friend who is rather weird, she can strip an engine down but ask her to find the fridge in a kitchen and shes stumped, lovely arse though ;)

Exhaust - better off getting the seller to fit it as theyll give a guarentee with the exhaust and the work ( K-tec are quite good )

Sealed IK - Childs play

Chip - Easy if you know where it is :p

Best mods would have to bve a strip out of the car for any excess weight.

Bigger diamter wheels would help by lowering your revs on the motorway you may have to drop down a gear more often though. Your speedo will be inacurate but youll be able to do more mph per gear.

Otherwise stick a few bits of carpet behind the accelerator should help you get some more MPG

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 30 March 2004

Best mods would have to bve a strip out of the car for any excess weight.

Bigger diamter wheels would help by lowering your revs on the motorway you may have to drop down a gear more often though. Your speedo will be inacurate but youll be able to do more mph per gear.

Otherwise stick a few bits of carpet behind the accelerator should help you get some more MPG

LMFAO never heard that one b4

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

oi ya canary dont call us ipsh*t!!! you bunch of budgie no hopers!!!!! 1 season wonders!!! i bet with ya now!!!!

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

finish 5th and get in europe mate!!! i dont think so!! and be warned, dont spend big cos it dont work!!!! look what happened to us!, and i hope we dont go up cos we aint got the squad! and it would be a disaster!

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

soz mate just get riled up with the ipswich norwich rivalry!!! this is a car forum!! should keep footy views to off topic!!! soz once again

CLIO WILLIAMS #0215

true mate! and best of luck you gonna need it! reckon you will do alright! just dont over spend! i know delia would rather pay for the best pies for her teams fans lol!!!!!;)

Lionel Richie

No one does a chip for the 1.2 16V (really no point!!!) You could go for a Dastek, but £500+ i think not!!!!!

K-tec /hill power relocation are the best!!! simple!!! (viper on a 1.2 16V is ok, but £250!!!!! Christ almighty!!!!)

CAT back exhaust helps things too

CRAIG your power increase figures are slightly "generous!!!"

Relocation + CAT back = 11bhp gain @ fly

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 31 March 2004

No one does a chip for the 1.2 16V (really no point!!!) You could go for a Dastek, but £500+ i think not!!!!!

K-tec /hill power relocation are the best!!! simple!!! (viper on a 1.2 16V is ok, but £250!!!!! Christ almighty!!!!)

CAT back exhaust helps things too

CRAIG your power increase figures are slightly "generous!!!"

Just a bit generous...14hp! WOW tell me where?!

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 31 March 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 31 March 2004

Was standard and modded measured on the same rolling road?
no, but was recorded at Power Engineering in Uxbridge, one of the most highly regarded withing the club circuit