ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold weather has stopped me getting in....

PH1 172
Went to unlock the car tonight the car was not unlocking so I tried my spare key encase it was the key battery and still no joy.....
Plan of attack tomorrow when I have light is;

1) unlock car manually with the key in the lock
2) gain access to the battery
3) connect another car to my car
4) charge my battery enough for me to turn my alarm off (immobiliser off)
5) start car and leave it running for a bit before taking it out for a drive to charge the battery back up

Just want to double check the above is ok to do and I won't cause any problems?

cheers

Terry

PH1 172
Cheers guys. Once the car is started and jump leads put away I will go out for a drive so will only be idling for a few mins. Plus I will only do it if I know I can go for a drive what with this weather.

Do you know if the alarm will need to be switched off once power is being given to the battery or will it be shut off and I will be able to start the car straight away?

thanks

tel

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Alarm will go off mate once the power is connected. Leave the jump pack or leads on, remote lock and jobs a gud un. This weather is ghey btw lol

PH1 172
Cheers mate, unfortunately the weather has stopped me from getting out there and driving the car so I am waiting until I can take it out before attempting to get it sorted.....hopefully tomorrow evening if the snow has melted enough

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I don't want to piss on your chips mate . But if it's an old battery and it's fully discharged , even after jump starting the engine and taking it for a good drive , it " might " not hold a charge again . You might be looking at a new battery . I had this happen to me back end of last year . The battery was 6 years old , but never had a problem unlocking the car , starting it etc .... drove to the supermarket , got back in the car after and it was dead , just enough charge to open the door but nothing else . Got the RAC to jump start me , had a good drive then went home , turned the engine off and then tried to restart immediately it but it was dead as a dodo . Just letting you know the worse case scenario . i.e. replacement battery

PH1 172
Wouldn't get your hopes up Terry.

http://xcweather.co.uk/forecast/ss15

It'll freeze nicely over night which will be brilliant first thing....!

Yeah I reckon it will still be every where tomorrow especially when it's still coming down now thick and fast!!

I don't want to piss on your chips mate . But if it's an old battery and it's fully discharged , even after jump starting the engine and taking it for a good drive , it " might " not hold a charge again . You might be looking at a new battery . I had this happen to me back end of last year . The battery was 6 years old , but never had a problem unlocking the car , starting it etc .... drove to the supermarket , got back in the car after and it was dead , just enough charge to open the door but nothing else . Got the RAC to jump start me , had a good drive then went home , turned the engine off and then tried to restart immediately it but it was dead as a dodo . Just letting you know the worse case scenario . i.e. replacement battery

Dont worry mate I am thinking the same thing, even though the battery is max 2 years old I will see how this works out and then consider buying a new battery