ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 2 button key card repair advice required

BG 182 FF
7158D4E0-F074-4CF0-8700-DB9F73BE9D85.jpeg

Any info on how to repair the locking/unlocking function on a Laguna key card would be much appreciated?
It’s not the battery as we’ve put a new one in.
The ignition works but not the door locks.
The car has sat stationary for a while since the passing of my stepfather and the car needs to go, it’s ulez exempt so worth saving and not scrapping.
I’m hoping for a call out repair service in the Essex area if one exists for these card style fobs.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There’s a guy on eBay that repairs them. Send him the key, he refurbished it, sends it back within 4-5 days. Great service.

BG 182 FF
There’s a guy on eBay that repairs them. Send him the key, he refurbished it, sends it back within 4-5 days. Great service.

Thanks CM, I saw a few folk offering a similar service on eBay but wasn't sure if I had to take the car along as well.
Just curious how they re-programme it to sort out the car's door locks without needing the vehicle....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The fact the ignition works suggests the key isn’t broken or out of sync. It’s just the switches inside the key card itself.