ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cold weather clio cup 172 sluggish to start and today didnt start

recently with the cold weather have found my car a bit sluggish to start and today it didnt start i had to jump start it. Tends to be in the mornings and late evenings when temperature is at its coldest.

anti freeze?

when i had a service last yr my mechanic noticed some oil next to my spark plugs and cleared it but still seems to be some there....what could have caused that problem??? and said i could get mis fires but didnt happen until this week and not all occasions.

my knowledge is minimal on cars.

Any help would be greatfully appreicated.

Yep, sounds like you have a problem there. Hopefully someone who knows more than me will pick this up as I don't know a lot about mechanics, but possible issue with gasket valve seals? If they are worn, it could be why oil is leaking in the are of the spark plugs.

Sounds scary, but its a quick and easy job if its that and not too expensive. If any of the plugs are covered in oil, best to also replace them.

Someone else add info to this as I may be wrong :p