ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilpack Issue help appreciated

172cup
Recently ive been having a few problems with my 172 cup going into limp mode on high revs seems to stutter as if its misfiring. When we changed the plugs and the coil pack today i noticed that one of the metal sliders isnt in the connector to the coil pack ( not the pin in the coil pack itself) perhaps forcing it to run on 3 cylinders. doesnt sound this way though ??
Can anyone tell me if all clios of the same year use the same connector to see if i can get one from a scrappy or Renault. Circled it in the picture.Thanks
clio.jpg

Laguna sport tourer
all 1*2 use the same coilpack. if one connector had broken you would lose 2 cylinders as there in pairs

172cup
Should i just leave it then? car starts fine just feels down on power slightly. just trying to eliminate possibilities. The coilpack is brand new, its the connecter that plugs into the circled plug ^ that has lost on of the metal clips. which i thought would cause it to lose a spark.

Clio Sport, 206
There are only three metal clips. One isn't lost. I had wondered about that when I first saw it too

Only three terminals fitted, fourth isn't required. On the pack you should have one pin with 12V and two pins which go back to the ECU connector.

The fact that there was only three pins on the plug baffled me at first too but then I realised that it's normal for one pin to be missing!
Out of interest, did changing the plugs and coilpack solve the misfire/limp mode issue?