ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I have those Gaz gold coilovers ^ really nice, just need to get them set up properly! :)

ChrisCurr

ClioSport Club Member
  RenaultSport clio 17
Cheers D4ve,
yeah, I want to make sure I get the suspension right, I payed around £450 for and ajustable damping -30mm kit less than 18 months ago, nut it's a bit too hard even on the lowest setting and the car still sits too high.

Cheers Greeny172, How much can I expect to pay for fitting and the right setting up?

Cheers Fellas

i think the only thing that lets those kits down is the rear spring, needs a race spring in there!

DSC_0023.gif

Nikon D700
I'm impressed with my FKs - haven't driven on H&Rs so I cant comment, but going from standard dampers with lowering springs to FKs with Ben_P's top mounts has made a hell of a difference!

Make sure you get the silverline ones though, oh and rimstyle.com are cheaper for them.

Nikon D700

Thats the ones I've got - depends if you want damper adjustment though?
If not, just go for the silverlines!

Pics are here: http://www.mahoosive.co.uk/photography/gallerys/clios-night/index.html

Mine's the silver one.

Tyres (and weather) have stopped me testing them properly! Everytime I throw it into a corner my cheap yoko's just slide straight on!!

Mk2 172
Not happening is what ive been told!
What's not happening?? Andy is developing a new coilover kit with AST!! Should be available end of March, and I'm having fitted on 18/19th April!!!

Hes not developing it with them at all. Its the kit that i had developed by AST on my car!!!!!! Ive had them since sept!!!! You can buy them direct now from powerstation who are AST'S sole importer. You can spec the spring rates if you like but they will be exactly the same as mine.

http://www.astsuspension.co.uk/newsblog.asp?id=2 thats them.

Last edited:
I'm impressed with my FKs - haven't driven on H&Rs so I cant comment, but going from standard dampers with lowering springs to FKs with Ben_P's top mounts has made a hell of a difference!

Make sure you get the silverline ones though, oh and rimstyle.com are cheaper for them.

FK silverline's are shite, I thought they were good until I drove some cars with decent suspension kits on them... after that they felt cheap and nasty. Mine will be going in the bin when money allows.

What about GDI coilovers? I've had the opportunity to take a ride in the Demo car and that thing holds the roads!!

The GDI car you went out in was not on AST's

You are 100% correct, but I'm hoping Andy tries a new kit out on the demo car so I can have the setup that has. Driven over 1000 miles in that and got to blast it round Donny. I want :(

(then again, I'd take standard over the FK's... too bloody harsh and I'm getting old)

Mk2 172

You are 100% correct, but I'm hoping Andy tries a new kit out on the demo car so I can have the setup that has. Driven over 1000 miles in that and got to blast it round Donny. I want :(

(then again, I'd take standard over the FK's... too bloody harsh and I'm getting old)

He is hes trying the AST kit that i have :)

ace, I'll find out when and have a go... then repeatedly tell him it's better and that he needs to get rid of his current setup as I might know someone :D lol

FK's are likely to kill me on the road lol

Mk2 172
ace, I'll find out when and have a go... then repeatedly tell him it's better and that he needs to get rid of his current setup as I might know someone :D lol

Ive never driven on the fk's so cant comment. Ill take ur word for it tho :)

What about GDI coilovers? I've had the opportunity to take a ride in the Demo car and that thing holds the roads!!

I don't really know what one's Andy uses on the demo car, but a new kit should be available @ the end of March, so I'm told.

Not happening is what ive been told!
What's not happening?? Andy is developing a new coilover kit with AST!! Should be available end of March, and I'm having fitted on 18/19th April!!!
Nope I never once said GDI demo car has AST coilovers

Mk2 172
Dan - I didn't say it was on AST's as I know it's not and have done for some time. I said GDI were working with AST to develop a new kit, which will be available late next month!

As i said they are already done. They have made a new kit and they are the ones that i have on my car!!!! He will be buying them through powerstation.

LOL, you can try mine when I pop down mate... good on track, utter utter shite on the road, unless it's ultra smooth and I can actually use some of my camber to dig in and not just jump around on pot holes and rough surfaces hehe

Mk2 172

LOL, you can try mine when I pop down mate... good on track, utter utter s**te on the road, unless it's ultra smooth and I can actually use some of my camber to dig in and not just jump around on pot holes and rough surfaces hehe

Sounds good fun. Will have to meet up sometime. Let me know when ur goin to omex :)

It's not so fun with ITB's, it's a lot more controlable without though!

Might be next week possibly Dan, I've got your text with new number, so I'll drop you a line and let you know fella

Mk2 172
Are the AST's available to buy now then?

How many ££ we talking?

Yeah you can buy them direct from powerstation. Not sure on exact price but give them a ring and ask for curtis. he will give you all the info :):)

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Im pretty sure ive seen your car DAN R at powerstation around the end of september/ beginning of october! Was there havin my 172 cup rolling roaded! Has yours got black multispoked alloys? The ride height looked perfect to me with the AST kit. Think Curtis told me it was the first clio to av it done. Had my left wsh bone/ball joint replaced the other dat at powerstation. Curtis took the oportunity to make some measurements for the 172/cup/182 set up! ASked him about yours and he said the handling was s**t hot! :cool:

megan R26.R number 006
Dan - I didn't say it was on AST's as I know it's not and have done for some time. I said GDI were working with AST to develop a new kit, which will be available late next month!
no m8 gdi are getting the kit that dan has got on his car but it can be revalved to make it stiffer but they will cost a lot more from gdi powerstation will do the same kit that gdi will have but cheeper

What the kit that fit's fook all good luck by the way you will need 10mm spacer to get any more than -1 deg's and then it most likely leaking may now

Status
Not open for further replies.