ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers! (non-sport content,)

After seeing the Group Buy on non-sport 'Rokkor' coilovers (which look pretty identical to "Raceland" ones) i decided the price was too good to miss!

After a lot of fettling with the ride height, lots of scraping and a battered splitter, I've finally acheived a height I'm happy with!

4545351877_04d0dfe98e.png

4545988982_0925a20d76.png

4545357163_2318915821.png

4545987098_52ed08a799.png

4545349431_3381e7f055.png

4545345267_9b33f6f899.png

Next up: camber&tracking, new bullets & front diamont, different wheels, maybe a Cup spoiler... not sure after that.
Wouldn't mind doing some trackdays tbh, but i imagine it would handle like gash at the height it's at! plus it's only a 1.2 :dapprove: I wish it at least had a K4M ffs!

Comments & Critique welcome! :)

lol! i tackle speedbumps everyday getting into college - have to get there extra early now, as they get bigger the further you go into the carpark.. lol!

172 bumper was expensive! had to pay over the odds and travel a fair distance for it, but i'm pleased i did!

and thanks ash - your car was inspiration for me tbh! :) i just went ott with it! haha

I can't remember what standard was like tbh!
They're obviously never going to be as comfortable.
But the speed you can take corners is beyond belief!
And even with balloon tyres, there's hardly any body roll!
When the road gets rough though, you can feel it; it doesn't crash into bumps like just having springs, it sort of absorbs them and rebounds quickly! Quite bouncy! I imagine if you do long distances a lot, it's going to be a little bit of a pain in the arse - but it's worth it just for the way it looks IMO.

Clio Dci
ive just finished fitting the back springs and shockers, with no adjuster!!:cool: got 182 wheels on aswell, looks bad ass!!

ummmm, the front wheels occasionally scuff on hard cornering, but nothing too bad actually - i imagine with spacers etc it would be far worse.
haven't scraped on a speedbump yet either (touch wood!)

Clio Dci
I'll stick some pics on tomorrow mate when ive done the front, plus i needs a bloody good clean as it looks like ive just taken part in a grass track event!!:dapprove:

God knows!

For comparison, these are the rear springs (on the left) compared to spax -60mm (on the right)

4525685233_c7b5162297.png

And i've got those in without the adjusters.

The fronts are just set as low as possible without the front wheels constantly scraping. I'm going to guess at 75-80mm from standard, maybe more.

Monaco
And i've got those in without the adjusters.

The fronts are just set as low as possible without the front wheels constantly scraping. I'm going to guess at 75-80mm from standard, maybe more.

you taken the adjusters off the front too, or just wound them right down?

nah! tried the fronts right down at the bottom, but the wheels wouldn't really move all that well!
there's still a fair but of thread on the front to go down, but the arches would need to be rolled etc!

Haha yeah, how much has yours increased by? If you've told them that is :rasp:

Also, I noticed you still have the extreme stickers still on, get them off :)

Not much actually!
I'm with Elephant, and they're quite mod-friendly is seems.
I had it lowered before anyway, so i can't remember how much it went up by. Less than £100 IIRC.

and i want to be able to put it all back to standard when i'm done! ;)
you can barely see them anyway!

lol! i tackle speedbumps everyday getting into college - have to get there extra early now, as they get bigger the further you go into the carpark.. lol!

172 bumper was expensive! had to pay over the odds and travel a fair distance for it, but i'm pleased i did!

and thanks ash - your car was inspiration for me tbh! :) i just went ott with it! haha
quite painful but funny to watch him tackle them speed bumps aswell :p

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
its strange ph2 wheels suit a ph2 and ph3 wheels suit a ph3, i had ph3 wheels on my old ph2 but went back to a set of ph2 wheels and prefered it. however my currant ph3 has the standard wheels and looks good. (that was a lot of ph'in!!)

Haha
You make a fine point though!
I'm going to have to replace the front bumper sometime in the future anyway - so which one I get could dictate the wheel choice, as you say! Time will tell....

TT 225
Very nice matey! In the first pictures you have blank bullets and the latter you have normal ones, what's going on? Sell me the blank ones!!

LOL!
about that.... i've actually got one blank one and one 16v one!
I'm currently spraying up some new bullets to go on instead of these.
so i could make the other one blank and spray it black for you and sell you them, I guess? :)
might take a week/less like..

TT 225
LOL!
about that.... i've actually got one blank one and one 16v one!
I'm currently spraying up some new bullets to go on instead of these.
so i could make the other one blank and spray it black for you and sell you them, I guess? :)
might take a week/less like..

Sounds great! Send me a PM if you do!

Sure!
i think i can have them in the post for about saturday thinking about it.
probably end up spraying them both again - so they match :)

i'll PM you when they're done, anyway!

More poke than viagr
Looks great mate, really like it. Wheels look really good aswell, dont change them! ;)

Maybe space rear out a bit?