ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers bolt spacing

clio 172 phase 1
Hi guys, just wondering if it's anyway possible to make coilovers that have a 60mm bolt spacing fit a 54mm bolt spacing 172? ie....(cup to non cup)

Cheers

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
So making the 60mm larger hole fit the 54mm hole?.

Apart from what Carl says I can’t think of any other makes that offer this. If that was the case us full fatty owners would be happy.

clio 172 phase 1
Ok thanks, but the question I'm asking is can I make my gaz coilovers with 60mm spacing fit my non cup 172? By changing top mounts or anything

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Have you done many? Not something I’ve ever read people doing. Obviously I’d trust you doing it :)

03 clio sport asc
what about fitting 54mm coilovers to my cup, is it best to modify both holes or just concentrate on one hole? is there enough meat on there to do that? which hole best to adjust? and what with the coilovers are stainless so whats best option to make the hole? any pics would be great!