ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover rear springs

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Hello guys & girls

Is it at all possible to buy just rear coilover springs. i love the way my car looks it is just carrying people in the back as people know vmaxx aren't the best coilovers :eek: i appreciate that but for me they are fine it is just the rear springs are very soft.

if anyone can help/point me any direction or even has any for sale be much appreciated, or it looks like changing back to tunnel arch gap standard :p

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
aren't they a standard (or seversal standard ) sizes.....eibach will do something I guess (in their motorsprts range).....will probably be as much as the coilovers cost though....and will probably f**k up the handling...

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
So is the vmaxx rear setup very soft then? Spring rates lower than standard? How about dampers?

BG Clio 182 FF
Very soft. Don't know what the ratings are. The coils are touching and when you go over a uneven road the coils are overlapping and causing a annoying noise.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
s**t. I have a set of these waiting to be fitted in my hallway. Not much point fitting them if they are softer.

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
I got sum vmaxx coilies on the weekend, got the fronts on and they're fine , put the rears on today with the shocks and I can add to this thread again they are shite ... The back of the car was terribly bouncy almost like the shocks were fucked... So I've changed the springs to some GMAx ones I had before but left the vmaxx shocks on , now there's a knocking noise coming from the rear left .... Am thinking I could have a dodgy shock nw