ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover kits

Hi everyone,

Do KTec not sell the KTec coilover kits anymore? Im not too sure what they were called but they were doing a deal where you could get the solid top mounts half price if you bought the kit?

Secondly how do these compare to the Raceland kits? As these seem too cheap to be true.

Thirdly, with the KTec coilover kits or the Raceland kits do you get the choice of what pound rating you want the springs to be? If so what is prefered for fast road/track use?

Fourthly, what amounts are people getting them lowered by nowadays? I dont want to go too low, but I want the car to handle better and feel more planted.

Sorry about all the questions!
Cheers!

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I believe K-tec have sold out but are due in soonish...email them they are very helpful.

Raceland/k-tec coilover depate has been raging for a while on here, search for raceland coilovers there will be a few threads, then you can make your own mind up. Personally I think you pay for what you get so, this time next year I will be going for some of these http://www.venommotorsport.com/manu...=SilverlineXCoilovers&make=Renault&model=Clio

although I keep changing my mind!!

I don't think you can get diffrent pound rated springs, but I would imagine its possible to buy some seperatly from somewhere.

Lowering wise I have no experiance so can't help, but I have heard the racelands seem to be a little softer on the front so you have to be careful not to go too low, (but that is just what i have read on here)

hope this helps!:approve:

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Pretty sure the Raceland coilovers use a 2.25" spring, which are available in many differant rates, and lengths. Rally Design is probably the best bet for these.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
No such thing as a free lunch. Nitty £200 coilovers will end in failure. Its a matter of time. Think about it, you cant even buy quality springs (eibach) for less than £140. Apparently (i've read on here) the raceland stuff trade is £90. So thats x4 dampers and x4 springs...... hmmmmm

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
I guess it all depends on what you want from them really. I've just come over from Mx5's, where alot of people are starting to run them with no problems at all, and i know that people have been running them in the US silly low for a couple of years now with no problem. They come with a 2 year gaurantee, so they must have some confidence in the product. As you say, they wont be as good as the high-end stuff, but for someone wanting a nice drop and a slightly firmer ride, you cant go wrong. You cant even go new o.e all round for the price of Racelands, so i think they are a good buy.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
No such thing as a free lunch. Nitty £200 coilovers will end in failure. Its a matter of time. Think about it, you cant even buy quality springs (eibach) for less than £140. Apparently (i've read on here) the raceland stuff trade is £90. So thats x4 dampers and x4 springs...... hmmmmm

Rubbish loads of good reviews from members. They come with a two year warranty and TUV approved so they may be cheap but they're not tat.

I think im going to go for the ktec ones. :approve:

But still wondering how much I should lower by? Like I said before dont want to go stupid low but want to feel a good difference.

Also does any one know if ktec give you the choice of what pound rating you want the springs to be?

Ta

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Dont think they do, but from memory its a 2.25" spring, which are plentyful in various lengths and ratings.

God this is hard... I just dont want to make the wrong choice lol.

I have read over the Raceland thread and everyone seems quite happy with these. Is it worth spending the extra bucks and getting the KTEC kit or is there not going to be much difference?

Cheers!