ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

COD: Ghosts

f**king Asda/Yodel.

Mine got sent Friday and my tacking details still say 'awaiting collection'. b******s!

Was hardened edition too. Hoping I can get a hardened edition in game or something and cancel the Asda one.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Got it preordered for ps3. Looking forward to trolling the f**k out of some people online and make them rage. LOL

If my delivery status does not update I might drop in to game at midnight as the wife is out tomorrow night!!

Edit... says its coming tomorrow... YAY! COD & Dominos night!

Last edited:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I played a few games, had no issues, connection seemed good. No hackers either. Ps3

No hackers for me either - maybe just my connection. Just ordered dominios and will go back to it. Lots more perks and customization this time round. Maybe I should quit now with a 2.60 KD ratio lol!

I felt back shooting peoples dogs, but they looked angry.

Apparently the campaign amounts to s**t. I'm out.

Oh how these games have changed :(

EDIT: also, perhaps I'm being retarded, but is there a review embargo in place until after everyone has paid for it?

Last edited:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Picked up the last copy in sainsburys tonight just because it was there and it was on offer. What's the verdict so far?

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Same here, enjoying it as well although I have had enough for tonight....

Not touched the campaign yet and probably wont until the PS4 arrives, just sticking to mp for now ..... they have dropped my favourite game mode "Headquarters":dapprove:

I think it looks and runs perfectly on PS3, seems to be run very smooth so far and no sign of hackers ect. connection is very good as well:D

Actually think it may be a step backwards from MW3 multiplayer. Graphics just not cutting it either.

Clio 1.2 16V
Played it most of the day and I just can't get on with it(360). Maps are too large , really dull and not having enough players you just end up running around aimlessly and then get killed by someone who just spawned right behind you. The whole create a solider system is stupid. Perks and weapon set ups way more complicated than they need to be. Massive step back from BO2 IMO.

Agree with the above.

Most of the maps all feel the same and far too open and the new voice overs are very annoying.

I had a few games on MW3 after which felt so much better.

The graphics have got backwards and I know they will improve on next gen, I don't think the game will.

They have messed this one up! never played BO2 - worth getting on the cheap?

Oh, and don't even get me started on having a knife as your primary weapon. Got stabbed numerous times from about 10ft away when shooting the feck out of someone!

Audi TT 225 Quattro
The best thing about black ops 2 is the Zombie mode, Multiplayer is absolute s**t imo.... can count on one hand the amount of times have played mp as I think its so poor. I honestly find this a lot better in MP and a lot more enjoyable. I haven't put MW3 on in a long time but don't remember it looking as good as Ghost on the PS3:S

Will 100% agree on the map size though, seems some were designed for a lot more than 12 players so end up running around a lot:(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Stale. This franchise needs a serious reboot. :(

Would be a good idea m8. But I guess the devs are scratching their heads now and really struggling for ideas.

I love the COD campaigns and detest MP. Yet most people seem to be the opposite. I love the vehicle side of the BF series and the expansive maps. But most COD maps feel like they are in a back yard - literally Nuketown - lol, which in turn puts me off.

It must be really difficult to get a next release of a well-established franchise to please the veterans and to also entice newcomers. I for one get tired of the multitude of unlocks in COD. Do I really need to get a tiger-skin paint finish on my primary weapon with a purple holographic sight? To me, that just doesn't add anything to the game.

D.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I love the COD campaigns and detest MP. Yet most people seem to be the opposite. I love the vehicle side of the BF series and the expansive maps. But most COD maps feel like they are in a back yard - literally Nuketown - lol, which in turn puts me off.

I'm all for the SP and campaigns as well. This is largely due to the fact that my 'Net connection here in sunny Wales is not fast enough to support MP!

I agree with you, D. I'm not sure how I'd mix things up to keep existing fans loyal whilst enticing a whole new batch of first-time COD'ers to the game. I guess I'm just a little disappointed as it feels... tired. Yes, it's not a case of giving the visuals a nice, improved aesthetic, higher resolution or higher frame rates. It's not about improved audio. I think the gameplay needs an overhaul; but where to go in that regards I have no idea. Something new and novel is needed methinks. Ideas on a postcard. :)

I have been a fanboy for years, but finally it's ended.

Graphics disspointing
Maps all feel the same
Sounds are worst yet
Perks too in depth
Gameplay not very slick

Some people will no doubt love it, but sadly, I'm not one of them.

Arctic 182
I have been a fanboy for years, but finally it's ended.

Graphics disspointing
Maps all feel the same
Sounds are worst yet
Perks too in depth
Gameplay not very slick

Some people will no doubt love it, but sadly, I'm not one of them.

My feelings exactly.

I love MP more than campaign modes. I think the developers know so many kids are playing it & therefore have them in mind when designing things. Please the majority of multiplayer players, 6-16 year olds & f**k the rest of us. It's easy to make a kids game. MW2 was the best, closely followed by MW3. All IMO of course.

BG DCI
Think it is actually a nice game. Some new maps and updates to how it works.. Maybe not loads different in terms of graphics ect but think it certainly plays well.

I have BF also and find that sometime I want to just: Shoot people - die - respawn - repeat so play COD

Other times its nice ot be on a bigger map and think about it abit more so play BF

I like the 2 differences and still think COD has lots to offer. Maybe they should just compile a COD. END. and just keep releasing new maps which they spend all their time on making actually good?

i've not played ghost yet but me personally i think they've killed it off a bit by releasing a new game every year. They need to take a few years off and come up with something different instead of rushing new releases out.

Focus ST-3
I personally like it.

If you want to fly around in helicopters or drive tanks then buy BF. I think it would ruin the game by adding things like that in to COD.

You know what to expect from COD, it works and works well so why ruin the balance? They have sold $1 billion of copies to retailers for the release day.. they must be doing something right!

BG DCI
They have sold $1 billion of copies to retailers for the release day.. they must be doing something right!

This. If i am the game maker ill just keep doing what I have been! Kids and their parents still paying their £££

You know what to expect from COD, it works and works well so why ruin the balance? They have sold $1 billion of copies to retailers for the release day.. they must be doing something right!

I was expecting a better game TBH. You only have to check around the net and general opinions that this is not up to scratch.

Of course they are going to sell, billions of fans all over the world, it was never not going to sell.

Focus ST-3
I was expecting a better game TBH. You only have to check around the net and general opinions that this is not up to scratch.

Of course they are going to sell, billions of fans all over the world, it was never not going to sell.

That the point though. If they are going to sell then why make changes?

They could make loads of changes and ruin the game and then risk people not buying future releases. If people continue to buy it they will continue to make it like it is.

A4 Avant
It's amazing though the last COD release thread had 50+ pages I think, this one has 4. Speaks volumes.

First one I haven't bought on release day since COD 4.

Focus ST-3
It's amazing though the last COD release thread had 50+ pages I think, this one has 4. Speaks volumes.

First one I haven't bought on release day since COD 4.

I think part of it has to do with the release of GTA just before COD. A lot of my mates have only just bought GTA and they want to continue playing that before spending another £40 on a game within a few weeks.

I bet if GTA didn't come out then COD would have been far more of a hit.

Nissan 350z
I spotted this posted on Youtube. Copy/Paste much? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
That the point though. If they are going to sell then why make changes?

They could make loads of changes and ruin the game and then risk people not buying future releases. If people continue to buy it they will continue to make it like it is.

But that's not my point. My point is that it has changed and changed for the worse. Luckily Asda kindly refunded me!