ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CN04 NJE - RB 182 for sale in Blackwood AVOID

Went to look at this for a mate earlier. Walked away.

List of stuff I found:
No history, aux belt fraying due to knackered tensioner. Belts due on age alone.
Cv boot split
Bulged tyres
Misfiring
Misaligned bumpers
One new headlight
Osf wing damaged
Chavvy ktec spoiler
Headlamp washers not connected
Damaged arch liners
Mismatched tyres
Airbag light on (could be a locked ecu due to the accident)
Dent in rear 1/4
Boot lid doesn't align with the lights

That's what I can remember off the too of my head. Quite annoyed the fact we both wasted an afternoon to go and view it.

Ibiza FR Edition
Looks so nice in the pictures though!!! :p In all seriousness why take a photo of a car with leaves all over it and loads of dirt in the footwells?

Ffs. We didn't turn up expecting a minter. We knew it would need work. But, it's about 600 too expensive basing on what you'd need to spend to get it up to a minter. (Based £3.5k as a mint 182 on that mileage)

Retail wise, it needs:
£600 belts and dephaser
Misfire looking at (I'm thinking injector) £65
Rear 1/4 paint/dent repair £150
Front wing replacement + Paint £150
New spoiler £200 inc paint
Front bumper paint £100
4x new tyres and wheel refurb £650
Driveshaft £160 and box oil
Arch liners £150
Headlamp washers pipe and pump £45
4x shocks £230

The above does include labour.

clio sport 182
Mine has got darker anthrasite alloys on it had them done at Renowheel last week cost lots to have done but worth it

clio sport 182
No different to when I bought mine mate had to do the following to get mint
Front discs pads
Rear discs pads
Rear wheel bearings
Rear shocks
Boot lock
Mirror glass
New wipers
New airbox and panel filter
Full service
Full stainless exhaust (so I put comp manifold de-cat pipe , remap at same time my choice)£945
Full refurb on alloys ( £427 )
And that's just to get it sorted don't include extras I've added :)

Flol, what did you expect its £1500.
100% !!!

Typical, it was cheap... but I spent £3000 getting it to where it should be!! Yeah bargain!!
Ffs. We didn't turn up expecting a minter. We knew it would need work. But, it's about 600 too expensive basing on what you'd need to spend to get it up to a minter. (Based £3.5k as a mint 182 on that mileage)

Retail wise, it needs:
£600 belts and dephaser
Misfire looking at (I'm thinking injector) £65
Rear 1/4 paint/dent repair £150
Front wing replacement + Paint £150
New spoiler £200 inc paint
Front bumper paint £100
4x new tyres and wheel refurb £650
Driveshaft £160 and box oil
Arch liners £150
Headlamp washers pipe and pump £45
4x shocks £230

The above does include labour.
I really don't understand why you went to look at it :S the price alone says it's going to be crap!! You can't say it's worth £900 at most, imo you're being way too tight!

Well to put it into perspective then. Would you pay £1500 for a breaker? No. As it's borderline break/repair. Like I said I knew it was cheap, hence looking at it. But I've posted here to let people know it's far from a bargain at that price.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I bought a black cat d on 75k that needed belts doing for 800 quid with tax and test on it to put it into perspective. I wouldn't spend 1500 on that mess for sure

but then again I'm renowned for being tight and its people like me that drive down the price of 182's and blah blah blah ;)

No different to when I bought mine mate had to do the following to get mint
Front discs pads
Rear discs pads
Rear wheel bearings
Rear shocks
Boot lock
Mirror glass
New wipers
New airbox and panel filter
Full service
Full stainless exhaust (so I put comp manifold de-cat pipe , remap at same time my choice)£945
Full refurb on alloys ( £427 )
And that's just to get it sorted don't include extras I've added :)

Forgot to mention
Both steering rack ends
Both track rod ends
Anti roll bar bushes
And 4 wheel tracking

Mine has got darker anthrasite alloys on it had them done at Renowheel last week cost lots to have done but worth it

It's on gumtree if you want to look :)

I've got a nice one for sale 05 plate 182 ff in black in Caerphilly spent over 2k in last 8 weeks

Stop trying to advertise when you're not a paid member

Well to put it into perspective then. Would you pay £1500 for a breaker? No. As it's borderline break/repair. Like I said I knew it was cheap, hence looking at it. But I've posted here to let people know it's far from a bargain at that price.
No I wouldn't, but then I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere decent either!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
100% !!!

Typical, it was cheap... but I spent £3000 getting it to where it should be!! Yeah bargain!!

I really don't understand why you went to look at it :S the price alone says it's going to be crap!! You can't say it's worth £900 at most, imo you're being way too tight!

Exactly right if your veiwing at that price a shed is all you should expect !