ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch (?) & strange noise from car at steady speed

Titanium 182
Had what I believe to be a clutch problem but only confirmed it wasn't paranoia today, and then something strange travelling to work, unsure if the two are related.

My 182 will idle steadily at about 1k but when im driving in/out or work im usually stuck in a lot of traffic and tend not to leave first gear for about 5 min, while im slowly moving barely off the clutch, not putting any throttle down, its fine, but if I press the clutch back in revs seem to go upwards to about 1.5-2k when its fully depressed for a second or two and then return to idle.

Then while I was on the longer part of my drive to work this morning doing a steady 60 the service light flashed on and a strange noise started, one that im not sure how to describe, but imagine humming a really dull police siren noise, and doing it very slowly..
orr... .... ... well basically just imagine humming and the noise just keeps going higher and lower at a steady pace (like a waveform?) (really struggling to describe this noise)
The noise was there again on the same part of the drive home and similar at lower speeds but with almost a knocking like sound when driving at a constant speed, but no service light this time.

I had my timing/aux/dephaser done at BTM in the middle of january so im doubtful it would be anything to do with that.

Engine is on 58k and had belt change at 53500 or around that number and last month had engine inspection from diamond motors where it was running rich due to incorrect plugs, but they were changed to correct ones and compression was 220psi across all 4 cylinders.

Completely clueless to what it could be and wondering if CS could help me out