ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch pedal play

Clio 182 2005
When I press the pedal there is an amount of free play until the clutch operates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PH2 172
When I press the pedal there is an amount of free play until the clutch operates.

Your left leg is twice the thickness of your right, and the car starts to move the moment the pedal leaves the floor?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
probably just needs cable resetting, pop it off gearbox end, press the pedal to reset the ratchet and then hook it back over the gearbox end again
this should take the slack up

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
he's said its just play, no mention of weight. heavy clutch is invariably the pressure plate though correct, I changed mine on 153k and it needed it! lol! didn't have the play thing thought, it was just heavy

plus resetting is comparatively cheap to just try ;-)

PH2 172
Thanks for the help both will give the adjustment a go 1st

If the cable reset makes no difference, and the biting point is really low, you could try spacing the outer cable stop arm with a couple washers between it & the gearbox bell housing as a temporary measure.